Does it float?
- large bowl of water
- different objects that float, eg:
- soda bottle lid
- piece of paper
- empty plastic bottle
- different objects that sink, eg
- plastic bottle filled with water
Place the objects by the bowl of water. Ask your child to guess whether each object will float or not before you put it in the water. You can start to help them to guess better by looking at the object before they put it in the water
- is the object feels heavy?
- is the object big (have a big surface area) for it's weight?
They can play this in the bath too!