Early pregnancy signs and symptoms
Aside from these signs and symptoms, if you suspect that you are pregnant, we suggest using a reputable home pregnancy test kit and if that's positive, taking a visit to your local healthcare provider.
Pregnancy signs and symptoms vary from person to person - even from pregnancy to pregnancy - so you may experience just some of these symptoms and in differing degrees of intensity.
Common pregnancy symptoms & early pregnancy signs
- missed or late monthly period
- tender and/or swollen breasts
- extreme tiredness
- increased need to go to the loo to pee
- nausea or feeling nauseous
- sudden aversion to particular foods or sudden craving for particular foods
- increased sensitivity to smell
- slight bleeding or cramping - known as implantation bleeding it can occur as light spotting when the egg implants in the uterus
- increase in size and darkening in colour of the areolas (that's the area around the nipple)
- mood swings, making you particularly emotional or weepy
- faintness and dizziness
- mild headaches
- positive pregnancy test from a reputable pregnancy testing kit
If your tests confirm that you are pregnant, visit our pregnancy info hub for more details of what to do next and make use our handy pregnancy due date calculator.