What’s the best accompaniment to a great roast?
Why, roast potatoes and onions of course. I can almost taste them now…And I daresay this recipe would be perfect for sweet potato and pumpkin too.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 red onions
- Vegetable oil
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Peel and cut potatoes into 6 pieces.
- Place potatoes into a pot of cold water and bring to the boil.
- Boil potatoes until they are slightly soft on the outside – approx. 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and place back into pot and cover with a lid. Gently shake the pot to rough up the edges of the potatoes.
- Remove outer layer of onions and cut into wedges.
- Meanwhile, cover a roasting pan with a thin layer of vegetable oil and place in a pre-heated oven of 200°C for 5 minutes or until oil is hot.
- Place potatoes and onions into the pre-heated roasting pan – be careful as oil will be very hot. Toss to coat the potatoes and onions in oil.
- Place in oven and roast for approx. 35 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme.
Try it with any vegetables you love to roast!Recipe kindly supplied by Aussie Farmers Direct Winter Recipes eBook.
Image credit: tuvi/ 123RF Stock Photo