Baby monitors sure have changed since my first child was born.
Beside his cot was a cute animal-shaped baby monitor. We could hear him when he woke up and it doubled as a night light. But that was it. When he grew a bit older he and his sister had some fun using it as a one-way walkie talkie.
Fast forward just five short years and the technology has certainly evolved. As the owner of a new VTechBM4500 Safe & Sound Pan & Tilt Video & Audio Baby Monitor I can now listen to and WATCH my youngest child as she sleeps. If it is dark in her room the infrared LED means I can see her without disturbing her and if she moves around the cot I can follow her as the camera pans up to 270 degrees side-to-side and tilts 124 degrees up and down. It can even zoom in to see her more clearly.
Perhaps my favourite feature is that it isn’t just one-way. Sometimes a simple, soothing ‘shhh’ from mum is all my baby needs to drift back off to sleep and with the Vtech baby monitor’s talk-back intercom I can do this from any room in the house. All these impressive features mean that my two older children now have a lot of fun using this baby monitor to perform live concerts – streaming into our living room direct from their bedroom.
Another feature of the VTechBM4500 baby monitor is that the baby unit does not attach to the cot, which means that it is less likely to become a hazard for baby. VTech recognises the importance of safe sleeping practices, and they design and develop monitors with this in mind which is why VTech is SIDS & Kids’ exclusive baby monitor partner.
The partnership supports education and awareness of safe sleeping practices, and promotes the correct use of baby audio and video monitors for new and expectant mums.
Key features of the VTechBM4500 Safe & Sound Pan & Tilt Video & Audio Baby Monitor:
- 4.3” high resolution colour LCD screen
- The camera pans (270 degrees) and tilts (124 degrees) remotely via the parent unit so you can watch as your child moves around
- The camera zooms up to 2x.
- Has split-screen capability so you can watch up to four different cameras at once (additional cameras sold separately).
- Multiple Viewing Options – you can choose between single view, split view or patrol mode to keep an eye on as many as four rooms at once.
- Infrared LED so you can see your baby at night without disturbing them.
- The baby unit is both freestanding or wall mountable.
- Temperature indicator on the parent unit so you can monitor the temperature in baby’s room
- Talk-Back Intercom on the portable parent unit
- Vibrating sound-alert on the Parent Unit
- Digital Transmission – 2.4GHz technology for secure connection and a clear sound without interference
- Graphic bars on the parent unit indicate the level of sound in your baby’s room so you can visually monitor the noise level with the unit muted.
- Plays lullabies
This blog post is sponsored by VTech
With VTechs new BM4500 Safe & Sound Pan & Tilt Video Baby Monitor you can watch your baby’s every move on the 4.3″ high resolution colour LCD screen. The camera pans up to 270 degrees and tilts as many as 124 degrees remotely via the parent unit. With helpful extra’s including temperature sensor, lullabies, and two-way communication you can rest assured your little one is sleeping safe and sound.