Sitting up unassisted is a real milestone for a baby; they feel independent, and involved with the family, taking in all the wonders of the world around them.
But as with many milestones, how and when this occurs for your baby can vary greatly.
The time between them wanting to sit unassisted, and being able to, can be a very frustrating time for both mother and baby.
After struggling to find a supportive yet comfortable seating option to guide her ‘chubby baby’ through this phase, Australian mum Hayley Haar went searching abroad for an alternative to the hard plastic seats currently on the market and found the Hugaboo Baby Seat, designed in the US. After hearing other mums’ similar struggles to find a suitable seat for their babies, Hayley knew it was a product the Australian market needed, so she founded Hugaboo Australia, and is now the exclusive distributor.
What is a Hugaboo?
The Hugaboo is a beautifully soft, plush baby seat designed to allow your baby to sit up unassisted, providing mums the freedom they desire, and babies the independence they crave. It is very easily portable – meaning your baby can enjoy the view during visits to family and friends, a day at the beach or a trip to the park.
Does it provide adequate support?
The Hugaboo baby seat provides 360 degrees of support. It was paramount in the design of the Hugaboo that not only did it provide full and safe support, it also required baby to engage and strengthen their core muscles, which is critical at this stage of their development.
Is it safe?
The Hugaboo baby seat places baby in an upright, more supportive position than the harder, plastic alternatives on the market today. It has been specifically tested for Australia standards using – ISO8124.1:2013. It has also been tested against the strict standards of CPSIA, ASTM F963-11 and European Regulation 1907/2006
Can I clean it easily?
Cleaning is another huge plus – the Hugaboo fabric can be spot cleaned for minor spills or dribbles … or the whole seat can actually be tossed into the washing machine, and it comes out looking like new.
- Upright seating position – helps stabilise your infant’s back, sides and legs while they learn to sit up
- 360º of comfy support – safely wraps your baby in plush comfort as they observe their surroundings
- Soft polyester fiber filling allows more babies of different shapes and sizes to enjoy the freedom of a Hugaboo
- Attached seat bottom – prevents your infant from sliding onto the floor
- Lightweight and portable – easily provides your baby a safe place to sit in any room of the house
- Two toy attachments – perfect for floor time activities that develop sensory and motor skills
- Spot washable fabric – cover can be spot treated for quick, easy cleaning
While comfort and safety are at the forefront of Hugaboo’s design, they do also look fabulous! From the lovely, muted colours of Snuggle Buns and Cotton Candy ($74), to the plush Linea di Moda range of animal prints and Chevron ($79) all with flat fee postage.
This blog post is sponsored by Hugaboo Australia
When your baby is not in your arms you want to know she is in good hands. Take a look at the super comfy and supportive Hugaboo baby seat. The Hugaboo is currently only available online from Hugaboo Australia at www.hugaboo.com.au