Nothing changes your life like becoming a parent. Among other things, you probably never knew how much new stuff you’re going to need to properly look after your child. But do you really need it, and how do you know if you’re getting quality goods?
For retailers, mums and dads can be sitting ducks, ready to plonk down as much money as it takes to give their baby “the best” – as defined by retailers and marketers.
To help you navigate the ever-expanding new-parent marketplace, CHOICE has joined forces with the pregnancy and parenting website The Bub Hub for a project we’re calling the CHOICE Path to Parenthood. Together, we’ll bring you expert, independent parenting advice throughout the month of October. It’s hardly new territory for CHOICE – we’ve been testing baby products for over 40 years.
New reports and articles will be posted on The Bub Hub and CHOICE.com.au every week in October for you to read, comment on, and share. We invite any and all questions on baby product safety and what you need to buy. There’s a lot in store:
- Well-researched articles on which products you really need, which ones to avoid, and which products you should consider buying second-hand.
- Straight talk about pregnancy multivitamins, health insurance and childcare.
- CHOICE’s resident baby experts Kate Browne and Chris Barnes take your questions.
- Download a free CHOICE guide.
- Download a CHOICE report with specific product reviews and ratings.
Plus, tell us in 25 words or less about the funniest moment you’ve had as a parent, and you’ll be in the running to win a stroller, cot, change table, car seat, or high chair (all CHOICE-recommended, of course). There is a lot in store so join CHOICE as we explore the path to parenthood.
– written by CHOICE.