These simple protein energy balls are perfect – and they’re chocolate-flavoured too!
Try out this recipe and get your quick energy fix.
- ½ cup of protein powder (choc or vanilla is fine)
- 6 tbs of cocao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 2 tbs of chia seeds (soaked for 20 mins in ½ cup water first)
- 1 tbs of honey or 2 tbs of rapadura sugar
- 2 tbs of coconut oil
- 6 tbs of tahini (or nut butter such as cashew butter)
- Desiccated coconut
- Soak chia seeds in 1/2 cup of water for 20 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients except coconut.
- Mould the mixture into balls.
- Roll the balls in the coconut.