Try this great recipe to help start your bub on solids – suitable for babies six months and over, can be frozen, makes four serves.
It should be safe to introduce corn to your baby at six months, however only give a small amount mixed with other vegetables as it is high in fibre.
Occasionally babies who have a family history of allergy or who suffer from eczema may have a reaction to corn.
- 300g of butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium carrot (approx. 75g), peeled and sliced
- 40g of sweetcorn, frozen or tinned
- Put the butternut squash and carrot into a saucepan and cover with 150mL of boiling water.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn and continue cooking for 3 minutes until all the vegetable are tender.
- Blend to a puree using an electric hand blender.
From Quick and Easy Weaning by Annabel Karmel
Copyright © Annabel Karmel 2014
Reprinted by Permission of Random House Australia
All Rights Reserved