You can try this beef pita wraps with pumpkin hummus recipe for your kids’ lunchboxes or for yourself; it’s that yummy!
- 600g oyster blade steak
- 250g peeled pumpkin, cut into small chunks
- 400g tin no added salt chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 small whole meal pita bread, warmed, to serve
- Steam, boil or roast pumpkin until tender. Place pumpkin, chickpeas and lemon juice in a food processor and process until smooth, adding 1-2 tablespoons boiling water if necessary.
- Brush steaks with olive oil. Heat a large char grill or non stick frying pan over a high heat. Grill the steak for 2-3 minutes each side, for medium. Transfer to a clean board, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice steak, across the grain.
- Combine cherry tomatoes, cucumber and parsley. Fill the pita breads with some pumpkin hummus, slices of steak and tomato cucumber salad. Serve immediately.
Blend 2-3 slices (30g) steak and 2 tbsp pumpkin hummus until smooth.
Finely chop 2-3 slices (30g) steak with 2 tbsp pumpkin hummus.
Place some slices steak cut into smaller pieces on a plate with small triangles of pita bread, halved tomatoes, cucumber sticks, carrot sticks and pumpkin hummus to dip veggies in.
Spread a piece of pita bread with pumpkin hummus and wrap steak slices in bread. Slice into rounds. Serve rounds on a plate with the cucumber and tomato salad on the side.
Tip: left over pumpkin hummus will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Is great to spread on sandwiches, added to purees for a smooth texture, or served as a dip with vegetable sticks for finger food.This recipe and image are courtesy of www.themainmeal.com.au.