There are few meals easier to make than burgers! I’m very keen to have this for dinner tonight… The sweet potato part really intrigues me too!
I bet it’ll be great, what do you think?
Try it with me!
- 350g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2 tsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 zucchini, grated and excess water squeezed out
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 mixed grain rolls
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sliced tomato, lettuce leaves, sliced cheese, and sliced red onion to serve.
- Steam or boil sweet potato until tender.
- Mash and combine with garlic, beef mince, parsley, zucchini and egg.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Heat large non-stick frying pan.
- Add oil and heat.
- Cook patties over medium heat for 4–5 mins on each side or until cooked.
- Keep warm.
- Half the rolls and toast.
- Top one half with lettuce, burgers, onion and tomato.
- Top other half with sliced avocado, add cheese if you wish.
Blend 1/2 patty with 1 tbsp boiled water until smooth. Serve with 2 tbsp of pureed avocado.
Fork mash 1 patty and serve with 2 tbsp of mashed avocado.
Make 2–3 mini burger patties for little fingers to pick up. Serve with a tbsp of grated carrot, 2 quartered cherry tomatoes and 2 cucumber slices. Spread 4 baby squares of bread with a tbsp mashed avocado.
Make 3–4 mini burger patties. Place on top of toasted rounds or squares of sliced bread, topped with a slice of baby tomato. Top 3 toasted rounds of bread with sliced avocado. Serve with steamed carrot sticks.
This recipe and image are courtesy of www.themainmeal.com.au.