Surely you’ve seen life hacks around the internet by now.
No? Well they are little, simple, everyday things that make your life ONE HUNDRED times easier. Well, maybe not one hundred, but a hell of a lot easier anyway.
I think my favourite I’ve ever heard about is putting the toaster sideways with cheese on the bread to make instant grilled cheese. Pity about the cheese that melts all through your toaster… :/
Anyway, here are some more great life hacks!
1. Cut cherry tomatoes quickly and easily by putting a bunch between two plastic lids, and running a sharp knife between the lids – slicing them all in half at once!
2. Keep your brown sugar nice and soft by storing it with some marshmallows inside the packet or container.
3. Install a normal coat rack closer to the floor near the front door and get the family to hang their shoes up on it (and hopefully they won’t still be strewn across the floor).
4. Add an apple to your potato bag or container to prevent them from budding.
5. WD40 can be used to get crayon marks off of ANY surface! (I’ve always said that if you can’t fix it with either WD40 or duct tape, then it’s gone for good.)
6. Put ice cubes in the indentations left by furniture on the carpet and the indentations will disappear.
7. Use cupcake cases on straws to keep flies and bugs from getting in your drinks in summer.
8. Puncture holes in the lid of an old milk bottle (or other plastic bottle) to use as a thrifty watering can.
9. The most important – freeze grapes to use as ice cubes in wine so it doesn’t get watered down.