User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default infection after m/c, anyone else?

Hi everyone
    I am new here but an old hand at Fertility Friend. I was delighted to see there are communities that are nearly on the same time zone as me (I get left behind on the FF circles due to the time difference).
    I started having a m/c on 23/12/05 (my first, at 5 1/2 weeks) and due to everyone medical being on holidays etc I haven't had any intervention, have been bleeding since then (day 27 now) and got an infection as well. Finally off to the Ob/Gyn on Friday (he gets back from holidays tomorrow) but I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences??
    Tracey

Me: 32
    Andrew: 32
    TTC since June 2005
    M/C 23/12/05

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tracey,

I am so sorry to hear about your M/C. I had 2 M/C last year but I am now just over 4 weeks pregnant with number 3 and hoping that this one sticks.

I didn't have any infection or problems after my m/c but by the sounds of it you have retained products so you may need to have a d & c as some of the placental tissue is still inside of you which is causing the bleeding and infection. Good luck at the doctor and let us know how you get on. Feel free to pm if you want to chat.

Take care

Cheers
    ME 30
    DF 37

M/C May 2005 RIP my little cherub
    M/C # 2 RIP my little bubble Oct 2005
    Luka Tomme 13th September 2006
    2010grams

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear of your miscarriage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry about your M/C, I didn't get an infection after mine but I do know someone else who it has happened to

Good luck and welcome to the group.

Amy
    Mrs 31 Mr 30
    Master 7
    Miss 4 Little Miss 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone.
    I was thinking I would probably have to have a d + c too Pippa, you confirmed what I was thinking. Having tissue remaining would also explain why I am still testing positive as of last Sunday. This whole process has been incredibly frustrating for taking so long so hopefully it will be over soon
    Tracey

TTC since June 2005
    M/C 23/12/05

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tracy, sorry to hear about your loss.
    Andrea

Me- 29
    Dh-36
    Mum to Ethan -4 and Nicholas - 20mths
    TTC #3 - Hoping for a pink one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tracey
    Im very sorry about your m/c. my heart goes out to you, i hope you are doing okay.
    i had a slight infection after my m/c, but it was after my d&c as well, the doctor gave me antibiotics that i took for two weeks and as far as i know, it cleared up.
    i think you should ask for an ultrasound, that way they can confirm your m/c and will know whether they need to do a d&c.
    I started bleeding very heavily around my 8th week but didn't m/c until my 14th, and bled for a further 3 weeks so i understand what you mean about the whole process being extremely frustrating.
    oh, ive read also that hCG (what they test for in HPT) can stay in your system for up to 8 weeks after a m/c.? I had two tests come up faint positives a week ago (was hoping i mite be pregnant again!) but then this week i get my AF, so i'm not sure abut the whole thing hey.
    but i do think you should ask for an u/s before agreeing to a d&c.
    i hope u get better soon and let us know how the doctors goes on friday!
    all the best to you Tracey, take care!
    -jomarie
    ~*~Me-28 My Beau-33 Our sweet DD-Zafyre-3~*~
    ~Angel Ash~ mc 21Nov05, 15wks~Rip little bubba~

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tracey,
    I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I can give you some advice on your question because i had a infection for 6 weeks before something was done about it. It all start with a missed M/C so i had a D/C the day after i found out the baby had no heart beat.
    I bleed for a few days after the D/C and stop than a week later had another bleed but it was more like a brown discharge. Went back to my Doctor's who put it down to a infection which they treated for 5 weeks with medication but it wasn't clearing up and i was having cramps so i was sent for a U/S to see what was going on and they found a mass inside still.
    So 6 weeks after my first D/C i had another D/C and it turned out that a part of the placenta was firmly stuck to my wall so that what was causing the infection.
    I was very lucky as it can be dangerous to leave part of the placenta inside.
    I am now health as ever if i wasn't on the medication for the five weeks things could fo been worse for me as it kept the infection at bay. So if i was you go and ask your doctor for a U/S to check that all has come out.
    I was also testing positive. So please go back to the doctor and demand a U/S listen to your body as i did you know when something is not right
    Best of luck and best keep us posted..
    If you need to chat i am mor that willing to chat you can PM if you want.

Wendy
    Me 31
    DF 35
    : Liam 16/02/07
    Three little angel's lost.
    " hope is what keeps me going "

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update on me
    Thanks for all the replies people. it was great to hear from others and about their experiences.
    I had an ultrasound today and some of the placenta had got stuck at the neck of my womb. My Gyn removed it there and then and now I am at home bleeding (again ). He had another look with the ultrasound after he had done it and seemed to think he got all of it. So hopefully this is it, a couple days of more bleeding and then back to trying to make babies!
    Oh, the infection cleared up as of yesterday which is great news too.

So in all I am feeling rather positive (afternoon off work helps)
    Tracey

TTC since June 2005
    M/C 23/12/05