Has anyone else had the experience of their baby being engaged and then at the last minute popping out? I'm 40 weeks tomorrow and until I found out today, I was 3/5 engaged and bub has been in a great position and head down etc for at least 8 weeks.
I am quite devastated as I was hoping for labour to start soon and I am sick of waiting! I am also very uncomfortable and have been in a lot of pain (back and ribs) for several weeks, if not, months.
Despite reiterating my concerns to the midwives, they won't induce until I am 10 days over, yet other friends said they were induced several weeks early because they were uncomfortable! Midwife also said if i am not engaged properly by the time i go in to be induced I will have to have a caesar. Given I was booked into the birth centre for a natural birth, all this has come as rather a shock and enormous disappointment.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a) getting bub to move back into position or b) pushing for an earlier induction? I don't think I can stand it for another 10 days!