Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farax????

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Farax????

What exaclty is it?
    From what age can bub have it?
    What does it do?
    My mum suggested it but i have never heard of it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Farax is rice cereal....finely ground white rice. It comes i na box and you can get it organic too. They recommend it from 6 months.

I prefer using mushed up brown rice though

GOod luck
    Me Dh
    DS 14
    DS 9
    DD 7
    DS 5
    DD 3 1

Thanks
    Reviews
    i strated tyler at 2 weeks,, it just helps full them up a bit.. tyler was never a bif milk drinker (makes her sick)

I never put it in tyler bottle, i feed it to her on a spoon she loved it..
    Tam single mum to Tyler
    She is my world, my heart the reason i wake up every morning
    I'm a woman of many moods all them require chocolate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babies tummies are not designed to have anything except breastmilk until the age of 6 months, rice cereal is bland and non-allergenic which is why they recommend starting with that.

I never bothered with it though, looks and tastes like wallpaper paste to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    my mum gave it to me and my sister at that age, also my Aunty is a mid wife and she said that it was fine

I'm talking like a tea spoon with a bit of milk..

Each to there own opions
    Tam single mum to Tyler

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never used it because DS hated it and I can't blame him. Solids are recommended from 6 months and at that age, babies are more aware of different textures and like different tastes and can have a variety of fruit and veg.
    BMid student - year 2
    + monkey (4) and princess poo (1)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok just that my mum suggested that I start giving it to Mikayla now, she is little over 3 months so you think I should wait until she is 6 months..

On the packet it sayd from 4 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    unless there is any medical reason, it is best to hold it off until 6 months
    Hubby(29) and Wifey(28) since Jan02
    and our three beautiful miracles
    DD Sep05 DS1 May07 DS2 Feb09
    miracle number 4 to be hba3c in Spring

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think there is a wrong or right age. Everyone i know has given to there baby b4 6months and nothing wrong with them..

I think they babie lets you know if or when to start them tyler never seem to be full. she was happy and settle when i started the farex
    Tam single mum to Tyler

Thanks
    Reviews
    The packaging says 4 months because there's no legislation to compel the manufacturers to change the packaging. They should change the packaging to be in line with the current recommendations - but that would cost them money. Just coz they make baby food doesn't necessarily mean they know anything about infant nutrition....

As recently as 5 years ago, the recommendation was to start solids between 4 and 6 months. When we were little babies, our mums started us around 3 months. The more knowledge is gained about the infant's digestive system, the more is learned about what can possibly harm them. When we know better, we do better When I was a baby, mum used to just put me in a bassinette on the back seat of the car, no straps or seatbelts at all. I survived - but we know more these days about safety, so I wouldn't ever do that with my children. Doesn't mean my mum was negligent. She did the best she could, with the information she had available to her at the time.
    There is no harm in waiting longer - but you may cause harm to your baby's gut if you introduce solids too early.
    A baby's gut is "open", to allow instant digestion of breastmilk, because infant's bodies are designed to work symbiotically with it's mother's. Introducing solid food before the gut has closed can be harmful for the baby.

Also, if bubby does have an allergic reaction, they can cope better with it if they're older. For example, if a 7 month old has an allergic reaction to banana, he can cope better and it maybe won't hit him as hard, as if you gave it to him at 2 months.