User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Dexamphetamines?

I was diagnosed with ADHD years ago My Mum was also diagnosed with ADD after I was at the time she was breastfeeding my brother & the doctor assured her it was OK but I always disagreed with it. I even asked a second doctor if that was correct & they also said it is OK

Well anyway I went off my Dex a few years ago because I was having issues with them but now Im starting to find it really difficult I can not concentrate on anything, Im always fluttering around between this & that. My house is a monstrosity, I can barely hold concentration to reply to a thread half the time.
    I know I need somthing but I really want to let Azalea self ween & I just can't believe that dexamphetamines wouldn't affect my milk.
    Does anyone know any good links that might have some info I could look at?
    Spring
    Lucky me, I have a pretty Princess & a handsome Prince!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How long ago did you ask those doctors??

I'd really be doing some searching for local GPs and asking each one for their advice...

My understanding and personal experience, is that Dex is much like speed. Ask a doctor if speed effects breastmilk and they will no doubtedly say yes.

No links, I just think it's very wrong that a drug I have used recreationally wouldn't have an effect on a breastfeeding child!!!

(P.S. I was young, stupid and naive)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was about 2 & a half years ago now.
    I agree I can't see how it wouldn't effect breastmilk but that's what the doctors did claim at the time
    Does anyone have any experience with any of the alternatives to dexies?
    Spring

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought Id give this a bump because Im really desperate to hear some opinions on this.
    Spring