User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Materials to support the investigation and decision making

Hi All,

We have decided that we will have it done for our baby. I belive in the scientific facts along with my religious tradition. But I am suggesting this thread to provide whatever resource (scienttific/medical journal, paper/internet article etc) you know of opposing or supporting this issue. This will be helpfull for the ones who are "investigating" instead we fight our own personal war (please note that "I am ANTI ..." cannot be a good enough reason for others making such a critical decision. So better speak fatcs (anti / pro) or use your time elsewhere.

Here goes mine ....

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/b...s?OpenDocument

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Nation...230001471.html

Thanks
    Reviews

Default more links

Another site - http://www.circinfo.net/

And above all I also suggest to be defensive. Please search google with 4 important keywords - "risk harm damage circumcision" and do some reading yourself at the first place. Then go ahead and read tthe advantages.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you look at previous threads here you'll see a vast list of resources both pro- and anti-. I can't see how your contribution is different. Maybe you should add anything you don't see but would like to, to the already existing lists?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The thread Janet was talking about might not have come up on your search as it's a bit older than the 30day default list that is shown.

You will find lots of info and links both for and against circumcision on this thread: Loads of info on circ

Unfortunately, like most discussions about circumcision, it turned into a bit of a nasty fight and the thread was closed so you won't be able to add to it.
    Martha
    Jack of all trades, master of none.
    But loving this life of mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We looked at a few different sites, but I thought www.cirp.orgwas the best. The page that had the most effect on me was http://www.cirp.org/library/procedure/plastibell/

Another one is http://www.intact.ca/, which contains a video of a circumcision taking place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One fact on circinfo.net stands out, as an example (of hundreds), as to why i think that site is laughable

he states that circumcising 2,000,000 boys would prevent 2000 penile cancers.

Anybody who claims that 1. circumcision PREVENTS penile cancer
    2. the rate of penile cancer for intact men is 1 in 1000

really should not be taken seriously in my opinion.

the scales at the bottom of his page was a nice touch.....completely meaningless, but very nice.

the betterhealth link seems pretty balanced. I don't see how it would convince anyone that circumcision is a good idea.
    Besides, the debate isnt really whether or not circumcised is better, because your son can decide that for himself.
    The issue I have with this, is that whether or not we are going to allow our sons to decide for themselves.

to me, the medical evidence is clearly on the side of "don't do it" .
    If that is true, there is no harm in letting your son decide for himself.

a pro circ, may be able to, at best, infer that the medical evidence is balanced and therefore it doesnt matter either way.
    If that is true, then there is no harm in letting your son decide for himself.

(just as your parents did for you, unless you were born with the terrible disease maleness, which of course require immediate surgical correction)
    Last edited by andrewJ; 27-12-2005 at 12:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I looked at the links, I cried and am SO happy i never did this to my sons. If my reaction is based on emotion, so be it. My instincts tell me to protect my children, not inflict serious pain, emotional and physicaL on them.

If my opinion upsets anyone on this subject, TOO BAD.L

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'm having deja vu.

Haven't we all been down this road before? Apologies to those who are new, but this subject has created a great deal of controversy in the past.

Please remember it is an emotional issue and tread carefully. Perhaps we could all just agree to disagree?
    Cathy
    DH - Ed
    DS - Max (Jan 05)
    DD - Stephanie (Aug 06)

Thanks
    Reviews
    the reason we can't agree to disagree is because we aren't arguing about what is better, which really is a personal opinion, we are arguing about whether or not we have the right to do this to someone else based on our own personal opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just one more thing, if its done on religious grounds and God made us perfect, then why cut something off hes made? Its like saying to him "You havent done a good enough job so were correcting it" hmmmmm

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast