Just thought I'd start a fun thread to see what we miss about the UK and like about living here. I'm not including the obvious - missing family and friends.
What I miss about the UK
What I like about living here
- Girlie nights out with old mates
- the supermarkets!!
- the green green grass of home
- Radio 2 (I listen to it on the internet )
- the changing of the seasons
- UK chocolate - just not the same over here!!
- knowing what shops to go to for specific things IYKWIM plus where to go for good clothes which fit me (namely missing Next, Hennes, Primark, etc)
- lime dippas!!! Not found them here. My sister is stocking up for my visit next week
- old buildings and winding country lanes
- pubs and pub lunches
- post arriving first thing
I'm sure there's lots more for both but just thought I'd get this posted.
- the size of the house we can afford
- the usually predictable weather which leads to hanging out the washing most days
- having a laundry room as opposed to wm in the kitchen and tumbler in the study
- better outdoor life for the kids
- my in-laws! All very nice and help out with the kids when needed