User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Grace3 is offline I eat green grass and I give white milk, I'm a ?
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How do you work out your menstrual cycle?

I know this may be a strange thing to ask, but how do you work out your menstrual cycle?

Do you calculate your first date as the very first sign of a period, slight smear when going to the toilet OR do you calculate your first day as when your full period arrives??

My cycle is generally 31 days, however the first 2-3 days, I basically only have spotting. Not sure how to calculate it now.

Grace

Thanks
    Reviews
    try looking at www.billings-centre.ab.ca

or
    www.woomb.org
    Me - 36 + He - 42
    DSS -17 DD - 11 DS#1- 8 DS#2 -4 year old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace3 View Post
    I know this may be a strange thing to ask, but how do you work out your menstrual cycle?

Do you calculate your first date as the very first sign of a period, slight smear when going to the toilet OR do you calculate your first day as when your full period arrives??

My cycle is generally 31 days, however the first 2-3 days, I basically only have spotting. Not sure how to calculate it now.

Grace
    You start cd1 from the day of full flow. hth
    Me(Trish)38 DH 41
    DS1 15 DS2 13
    DD1 11 DD2 6
    DS3 2
    Surprise Due 14th October 2010

Grace3 is offline I eat green grass and I give white milk, I'm a ?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the billings website.

I am very confussed now. I have been calculating from first spotting. I have just printed out some info from the billings website.

thanks heaps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grace I was just gunna ask the same thing! as well as when it stops cause sometimes i get a bit after full flow has finished TMI???
    DD1 She's just so beautiful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    CD1 is the day that you need to use something pad/tampon so full flow not just spotting. You can chart you cycle on Fertility friend.
    Doing housework with young children must be like clearing snow in a blizzard!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default very natural

Quote Originally Posted by Grace3 View Post

Grace
    Hey Grace,
    Totally not strange for a woman to not know how to chart her cycle. It's super easy once you start and get into the habit of doing it.

To chart the cycle:
    From the day you see blood, spotting etc., mark it down on a calender. I put a circle around the day (example this month I began on the 18th, so I circled around the #18 on the calender)

note: If you stop bleeding for a couple days to then start again, circle the day you start again. The whole point is it to chart, so you want to see a pattern. Do this every month. (regardless if you stopped for a day or so, and regardless of the flow, heavy or light, full or spotting--point is your bodies' cycle has started.

To count the days:
    from the first day of your cycle to the day BEFORE the next bleed, not the day of.

To get an average cycle length:
    add up each month ( January was 28 days, Feb 27 days, March 27 days= 28+27+27= 82. Divide by the number of months you are using, in this case 3 months. 82 days/3 months = 27.2 My cycle is an average of 27 days apart.)

So, in summary:
    see blood, mark on calender; do this for at least a few months. Then, count day of cycle to day before next cycle begins, divide by number of months you are using, then you get your average # of days per cycle.

I hope this helps and doesn't aide to the confusion. Once you start, it will start to make sense, it just takes a few months.
    cheers

kittykatz is offline Getting closer and closer to my BFP!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Grace,

Yep, CD1 is the first day of full flow. So spotting doesn't count. If you are using Fertility friend etc, you can still record it, but it won't start your new cycle till you actually have proper bleeding.

Don't worry, i had been recording mine wrong for years!
    Me 30
    Booty Camping and Gyming my way to a healthy weight