User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Arapax for Anxiety

Hi Ladies

I have really bad post natal anxiety!!! Doc has given me arapax (sp), I am not depressed at all. I have never ever suffered any form of axiety b4 having bubba.

Does anyone else take this medication, & if so for what reason, if you dnt mind me askin

Did you have any side effets? Did it make you feel worse b4 feeling better? If so, how long did this last for?

i tried to let this pass on my own but I just cant, I have a little bubba to look after & its really hard when you feel like this. But I am scared to start meds & them make me feel worse & me no responding 2 them!!
    Please Help
    Louise (Single Mummy)
    + DD1 Kiera Amanda born 22/11/06
    Tuff times call for lots more kisses

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to be on Aropax before I fell pregnant, but had my meds changed when preggers so it was less toxic to the baby.

Anyway, I took it for my depression, but also because I was having anxiety attacks, so yes, it is mainly for anxiety and it works. It is slow release so it takes a few weeks to work completely, and you can't stop taking it abruptly either. The only thing was I felt really dizzy the first few days of taking it, but it levelled itself out and I have never looked back.

I hope things get better for you!
    Poor is when you run out of month before money

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took Aropax for two years during my senior years at highschool. I took it to help me with dealing with the pressures of school as well as having to deal with a highly abusive father.

It was a life saver. Honestly. It's a non-addictive form of anti anxiety medication and for me it just took the "edge" out of my days. I was taking 1 pill a day for about 2 years and then weaned down to half a pill for 6 months, then stopped it when I felt I didn't need it anymore - under the guidance and supervision of my psychologist.

My advice would be to give it a go. It saved me during some of the toughest years of my life, remember that anxiety is a lot to do with a chemical imbalance in the brain - there's nothing wrong with getting a lil help when you need it.

If you ever want to talk to me, PM me.

Good luck! Things will get easier.

Jessie
    mama to 2 precious girls.. growing a spring surprise
    Cloth loving, homebirth dedicated, babywearing, non-vaxxing beautiful family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much

I feel alot beta, I do get worries when taking ANY sort of meds & what affect they will have on me.

Its seem to be up n down, but slowly subsiding & not as bad as it was when i first for all this, but I do need help knocking the edge off so I can get on my life & hope I feel my normal self again.

Louise (Single Mummy)
    + DD1 Kiera Amanda born 22/11/06
    Tuff times call for lots more kisses

Thanks
    Reviews
    Louise - I have just been put on it for anxiety too!! Just today.

We can compare notes...

Gotta go my bubba is screaming...

Boxoxo
    Our IVF miracle "Ella Grace"....21/11/06
    .....we have our "family" wish