I run a registered charity which this year is starting a new iniative for Mother's Day.
I noticed that disadvantaged children seem to have alot services available to them, such as Christmas Gift Donation, The Smith Family Retreats and various community schemes. And that is amzing and wonderful.
But our disadvantged Mothers often miss out on Mother's Day, Christmas and Birthday gifts. This in turn hurts their children who are unable to give a gift.
Mums who will be recieving a gift include:
* Mums of babies and children who are long term hospitalised and/or are terminally ill or premature
* Recently separated Mums who are experiencing poverty or isolation
* Mums who have experienced domestic violence
* Mums who have lost a child, but still deserve to experience Mother's Day
* Mums with Depression and other Mental Illness
* Mums who are separated from their children
We hope to encourage Businesses and Individuals alike to donate something that they would like to recieve, and that they can afford to part with (unwanted gifts, overstocked non selling items). Such as cosmetics, homewares, linen, clothing. toiletries, books, chocolate, gift vouchers etc. This is a great opportunity to help another Mum feel appreciated.
All donations will be greatly and happily accepted. Items must be new.
With Many thanks,
Love My Mum - Sydney