User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Paediatric Chiropractors: Would you like to share who you take your bub to?

Hi

After reading and posting many threads about the benefits of chiropractic and bubs I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread inviting people who would like to recommend their baby chiropractor and what area you live in, to help others in their quest.

I asked our chiro what people should look for, and he said that its very important to make sure that they have their degree in paediatric chiropractic as babies bodys are completely different to even a 3 yr old, so they must be treated accordingly. No chiro should turn their bub upside down or anything like that. It should be a very gentle, pain free treatment. Ours uses a little tool that he uses over the top of his finger so its very gentle. Apparently there are chiros that treat babies but do not have their paeds degree, so PLEASE check this first.

And if you are in any doubt, ask them to perform any procedure on yourself first, that way you will be able to feel what bubs would feel.

And may I also add, bubs remains fully clothed and I hold her on my lap throughout the entire appointment.

Our chiro is:

Place: Albany WA
    Chiro: Lawrence Rea
    Clinic: Windrose Chiropractic Clinic

I also have two referrals for Perth, from my chiro, who he studied paediatrics with, so he knows that they are trained in this area.

Place: Northern suburbs (Perth)
    Chiro: Paul Paterson
    Clinic: Stirling Chiropractic Clinic

Place: Southern Suburbs (Perth)
    Chiro: Mal Rudd
    Clinic: Leeming Chiro Clinic

I hope this is of some help!
    Last edited by babyluv3; 10-01-2007 at 05:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really want to clarify this so mothers are not mislead. All chiropractors complete a minimum of a five years at university and as a result are qualified and registered to look after all people (from 0 up!). Some chiropractors have special interests and chose to pursue these with post graduate training. In the area of paediatrics there are numerous comprehensive courses a chiropractor can take ranging from weekend technique courses to 3 year masters degrees. There is one chiropractor in Western Australia who has completed their pead masters and he isn't on your list! The people you have listed have done specific courses with one particular group and have either reached certification or diploma status. There are many chirorpactors who have post graduate training in this area and may have trained with another group. The best thing to do is ask at the chirorpactors office what their qulaifications are or call the Chirorpactors Assoication of Australia. One thing I really want to stress is that some of the best paed chiros son't have post grad qualifications as this is only something that has come about in the last 10 years or so.
    Also some very valid techniques involve undressing the baby (particularly to weigh and measure) and specific inversion techniques that involve you baby being 'up side down' for around 5 seconds.
    At the end of the day all chiros are qualified to look after infants, teh best people to speak to are those at the chirorpactors office

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by innatebub View Post
    Also some very valid techniques involve undressing the baby (particularly to weigh and measure) and specific inversion techniques that involve you baby being 'up side down' for around 5 seconds.

Where did you get that information from?

A babys body is treated completely different to older children and adults.

I will ask my chiro next time about the qualifications.
    Last edited by Lastcenturymum; 08-11-2008 at 01:08. Reason: unnecessary comments

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually Babyluv, my babies chiro did "hang" my children upside down for around 5 secs during each treatment. The baby was fully supported each time, and it was explained to me that it facilitated the stretching out of the spine. My children certainly did not protest when this part of the treatment was done.

And yes, they were also partly undressed - our chiro did tummy massage on them (our issues were the usual unsettledness and colic) - and its difficult for the chiro and uncomfortable for the baby to do this massage through clothes. Nappies were left on at all times.
    Roxy
    Mummy to Miss 9 and Master 7
    ED to 2 (Miss Melbourne ~ Nov 06 and her baby sister Miss Melbourne 2 ~ Mar 10)

"Children are 1/3 of our population, but all of our future"

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Our Chiro is brilliant.....hasn't turned bubs upside down for treatments, but that's not something i'd expect for a reflux baby anyway .

They DO however fully support Gymbaroo and the 'exercises' babies get there, which involved being turned 'upside down' from 6weeks of age. Babies are used to being upside down inside thier mums, and so long as they are supported and it is done properly, the baby is not harmed.

Our chiro uses the activator or her fingertips with the kids, but also holds DS (now a big 18month old) and does some adjustments while he is in her arms.

The first time we had our appt, the chiro explained everything before he did them, used the activator on me, so I knew how 'hard' it was, and made sure i was very comfortable with everything before he continued. THAT is part of the key with finding a good chiro too, making sure they explain everything, and makes you feel comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our chiro has always hung our babies upside down. He has explained why but I wouldn't even try to explain on here as I'd probably stuff it up. I totally trust him/all of them at his practice.

The best evidence is in how they have come out after their adjustments. I wouldn't have a clue on the degrees, etc. However my partner and I had been seeing them for many many years so we trusted them with our little ones because of the proof in what they did for us.

I would love to openly recommend our chiro. We drive the 5-6 hours to see them as they are so worth it.

Coast Chiropractic in Kawana on the Sunshine Coast.

Big big thumbs up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh's aunty goes there.

We were seeing a fantastic chiro in Brissy called Alan Brown at Windsor Family Chiroprtors. Couldn't be happier with the care we received there.
    gone chunky dunking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Baby luv
    Unfortunately you are the one who is misinformed. The guys at Kawana use a particular type of technique called Sacral occipital technique (SOT) and it involves the inversion test. Dr Mark Postles is the primary chiro and is one of the most experienced and well respected kiddy chiros in Australia. Two of the chiros there actually do have the paed masters degree. You will find that neither Drs Rudd, Patterson or Rae have completed this degree. Although all are great chirorpactors and have helped many many families. Of course they have completed a 5 year uni degree and multiple post graduate seminars and training. The authority on paed chiro in Australia (the guy who developed the masters course) instists on all infants being in nappies and no clothes for all adjsutments to monitor weight gain and skin changes among other things. At the end of the day chiro for kids is awesome! Speak to the chiro if you want the right information.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by innatebub View Post
    Dear Baby luv
    Unfortunately you are the one who is misinformed. The guys at Kawana use a particular type of technique called Sacral occipital technique (SOT) and it involves the inversion test. Dr Mark Postles is the primary chiro and is one of the most experienced and well respected kiddy chiros in Australia. Two of the chiros there actually do have the paed masters degree. You will find that neither Drs Rudd, Patterson or Rae have completed this degree. Although all are great chirorpactors and have helped many many families. Of course they have completed a 5 year uni degree and multiple post graduate seminars and training. The authority on paed chiro in Australia (the guy who developed the masters course) instists on all infants being in nappies and no clothes for all adjsutments to monitor weight gain and skin changes among other things. At the end of the day chiro for kids is awesome! Speak to the chiro if you want the right information.
    They all rock there. But I do call Mark the "Baby Whisperer". He has such a wonderful way with the young ones.

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry, I just have to ask if you are for real or not?? Some of the things you are saying are just ABSURD. Have you not heard of traction bars, tables etc where people, adults hang uspide down?? It actually removes the impact of gravity on their little necks, so neck support doesn't even come into it. It is great for their vestibular development too.

If you ARE serious, maybe a little more research prior to being so sarcastic to those that DO know what they are talking about.

http://www.brillbaby.com/teach-baby/...g-standing.php

This is just one starting place, I am sure you will be able to educate yourself some more with others.