Iím in a situation where my ex partner ended our relationship 2 weeks after she conceived. She will not communicate with me at all and wants to alienate me as a parent. The baby will not be born for 5 months, but I donít see the situation or her position changing.
I want to be part of my childís life and I am excited about becoming a father. Those feelings are not however mutually shared by my partner. I would prefer not to have to take any legal action and sort the situation amicably. But preparing for the worst case scenario I have the following questions.
1) What can I do to prepare for becoming a father?
2) Are there any good parental courses available in Melbourne?
3) What legal rights do I have as a father in regards to my unborn child?
4) What legal rights do I have as a father when my child is born?
5) What rights does my ex partner have?
6) Do you have any suggestions on how I can encourage her to reestablish communication with me?
7) Any other suggestions?
Any help on these matters would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to reading any replies.