+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Do you wash them again after? 'cause the bags would have the germs on them from before you washed your hands

I do actually!

Only because I run to a schedule around here (I'm a bit OTT with housework and chores etc) and by the time I've unpacked the groceries it's time for lunch. And I ALWAYS wash my hands before eating

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

DT75  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Do you wash them again after? 'cause the bags would have the germs on them from before you washed your hands
    Yeah, that's what I always think too.

Plus, you're touching the trolley then picking up an item, then trolley again, then another item- over and over.

So when you start to think about it everything you buy is probably covered in germs. Also you don't know how clean the people who've stacked the shelves are or who else has touched items.

I'm a germaphobe so I try and tell myself I can't clean everything but atleast it might be good for my immune system

4. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

DT75  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do not wash my hands after weeing in a public toilet, and this is because I don't touch anything...i use the sleeve of my top to open/close doors and (for lack of a more tactful description) I drip dry lol! I find the idea of having to touch anything in a public toilet abhorrent, especially the tap at the end of the trip - a tap that everyone has touched after they've used the toilet. At home though I always wash my hands after any loo visit! My kids are made to wash their hands after a wee as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    I do not wash my hands after weeing in a public toilet, and this is because I don't touch anything...i use the sleeve of my top to open/close doors and (for lack of a more tactful description) I drip dry lol! I find the idea of having to touch anything in a public toilet abhorrent, especially the tap at the end of the trip - a tap that everyone has touched after they've used the toilet. At home though I always wash my hands after any loo visit! My kids are made to wash their hands after a wee as well.
    Lol, I carry a packet of wet wipes in my bag/pocket to open doors, wipe toilet, turn tap on/off etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    I noticed a lady at my last workplace not wash her hands and this was the only conclusion that I could come too. I never worked with her directly but she seemed quite particular, had her own cup, etc. So it really didn't make sense that she wouldn't wash her hands.

But, I still thought it was gross because working with kids I wash my hands every opportunity I get! I shudder to think what's on my hands after collecting up 25 worksheets from their hands!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find the idea gross, it takes 30 seconds to wash your hands properly, if you don't want to touch the tap after washing your hands, then use a piece of paper towel to turn it off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    This shouldn't even be a question

It's gross. Full stop! Unless you're about to hop in the shower straight after though, that's the only exception, just!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    I find the idea gross, it takes 30 seconds to wash your hands properly, if you don't want to touch the tap after washing your hands, then use a piece of paper towel to turn it off.
    Just on this a woman who works in another floor in my building used to come to my floor to use the toilets. She would do this but then use it to also open the door, then throw it on the ground. Strange on both fronts. But sorry I digress!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah gross! I use a square of toilet paper to latch the door, then I hover over the seat, then use another square of paper to flush and unlatch the door, then some to turn off the tap after washing hands. But I'm a bit of a germophobe when it comes to publuc toilets.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (07-02-2017),Mason98  (06-02-2017),Mod-Uniquey  (07-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    Yeah gross! I use a square of toilet paper to latch the door, then I hover over the seat, then use another square of paper to flush and unlatch the door, then some to turn off the tap after washing hands. But I'm a bit of a germophobe when it comes to publuc toilets.
    Me too!!! I am a huge germophobe (in all aspects of life not just toilets but it gets particularly bad in there) but instead of toilet paper to flush and open things I use antibacterial wipes I keep in my bag which I also use to wipe the seat before and after I was and I never touch the first few square of toilet paper just because of what could have been on the hands of the person before me. I also use the wipes to turn on and off taps, open doors and wipe trolley seats and handles

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (07-02-2017),Frankenmum  (07-02-2017)