+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I make mini sausage rolls with beef mince and grated carrot, zucchini, swede and turnip they're very yummy!
    I wonder if your ds is a bit freaked out about your growing belly and becoming a big brother? Hopefully in a few weeks when bub is settled in with you all he goes back to normal with his eating.
    Will have to give them a try! I didn't want to go to the effort of making something we never usually eat just to see if it would work. Now we know, I'm keen to try it!

I hope it's just him reacting to changes... though 2 weeks after bub is here we'll have my mum for a week, then dad for a week and then MIL for 2 weeks, so hopefully it won't be too disruptive for him...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (11-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So full tonight. Fork on the road was on tonight near town (SA) and I ate soooo much food. South American, Greek and Mexican. I now look like I'm 5 months prego again

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (11-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    You are waaaay too motivated for me! I wash with cold power and cold water. No colour runs. I was everything together- lights, darks- if it's dirty, it gets washed. We only have a small laundry and it doesn't take long for it to feel overrun if I have clothes in a "wait" pile.
    You'd die if you saw my fastidious washing habits , I better not say, as I know it'll sound like I need a life! *blush*.
    Anxiety and ocd suck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Big hugs tiny dancer, my daughter was a week overdue and that wait at the end is just hell. I'm not sure if you've tried this but lean forward as much as you can to get her head pressing on your cervix, so kneeling on the edge of a beanbag and lying forward, sitting on an exercise ball and balancing on the back of a chair, or even just standing and leaning on the kitchen bench. Good luck, I hope you wake up in labour tomorrow morning after a really good nights sleep!
    I had a really good night's sleep (DS slept through 7:30 - 6:30! It was truly amazing. I think he's only done it a handful of times)...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Californication  (14-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am feeling really good today. My anxiety is still there, but at a slow simmer rather than a boil. I feel so much more relaxed than I have for weeks. I'm feeling rested after a good sleep. DS has been delightful so far this morning. DH has taken him for an early play at the park and train ride.

Might paint my toenails. If I can reach.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (12-02-2017),harvs  (12-02-2017),HearMeRoar  (12-02-2017),JR03  (12-02-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (13-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am wondering if I'm the only one who shudders at the thought of heading to the beach on these ridiculously hot days! I can't think of anything worse than being in the sun when it's so hot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    I am wondering if I'm the only one who shudders at the thought of heading to the beach on these ridiculously hot days! I can't think of anything worse than being in the sun when it's so hot.
    We avoid being out in the middle of the day on a really hot day to protect our skin....but we go until 10am and then head back in around 4 or 5pm. Love it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

just her chameleon  (12-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We went yesterday and hubby has blisters on 4 toes from the hot sand!! We were away at the beach for the weekend, and literally stayed at the beach for about 30 minutes; 15-20 minute swim (ran down the beach, dropped our towels and straight into the water) then standing in the cool, wet sand for 10 mins while my daughter dug a hole and built a sandcastle in the wet sand. Then ran back up the sand back up to the car! There's no way I could spend the day there, or even any time where I'm not actually in the water.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

just her chameleon  (12-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    We avoid being out in the middle of the day on a really hot day to protect our skin....but we go until 10am and then head back in around 4 or 5pm. Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    We went yesterday and hubby has blisters on 4 toes from the hot sand!! We were away at the beach for the weekend, and literally stayed at the beach for about 30 minutes; 15-20 minute swim (ran down the beach, dropped our towels and straight into the water) then standing in the cool, wet sand for 10 mins while my daughter dug a hole and built a sandcastle in the wet sand. Then ran back up the sand back up to the car! There's no way I could spend the day there, or even any time where I'm not actually in the water.
    I get sunburnt in less than 15min with no sunscreen, and even with reapplying every hour I'm still red at the end of it (very pale skin) so I avoid the sun like the plague! In summer we go at 4:30/5am and stay for a few hours, always home before 8 though. Luckily my kids haven't inherited my easily burnt skin!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely not the only one.
    I know people that have had serious burns on their feet from hot sand. I won't go to a beach that doesn't have some shade (that we can actually get) at least over part of the sand. I also hate the part where you have to get back into a roasting hot car at the end of the visit.

I hate being in the sun when it is hot - even if I am in the water. I'm visiting the pool more than the beach lately because it's not as difficult for me to get to, easier to look after DS, and there is shade over the toddler pool. All wins in my eyes!