+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    I re-gift kids toys if my kids receive a double up but thats it
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    I normally just regift under the KMart Wishing tree. Or if its a kids toy I sometimes regift to another child if we recieved a double up.

My then dp (now dh ) gave me a lovely silver necklace for our first xmas. I then found out he had bought it for his ex gf when they were dating so I gave it back to him with a few words of advice on what not to give your current gf
    I do this with kids toys too.
    Usually its if one of my kids got a double up present i will put it away for someone elses kids.
    And IF its one they gave me and I got caught out i would say "DD loves it so much i thought Shelly would love one too" or something to that effect!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Of course who doesn't? I save heaps of things I've been given that I don't want to regift. It's normally generic stuff, coffee mugs, candles blah blah all the useless crap you are given each year. I would normally give that stuff to another generic Occassion- you know when u have to give something to someone as a token

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do it all the time. But I tell them. I give gifts to people they can also feel free to regift if they don't want. Eg I give my sister a gift and say I loved this but (not drinking too small)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I don't think I have ever regifted! I'm weird lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful37 View Post
    Of course who doesn't? I save heaps of things I've been given that I don't want to regift. It's normally generic stuff, coffee mugs, candles blah blah all the useless crap you are given each year. I would normally give that stuff to another generic Occassion- you know when u have to give something to someone as a token
    That sounds like the saddest description of gift giving I've ever heard😔

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TreeGirl For This Useful Post:

Alicia111  (16-12-2016),babyno1onboard  (16-12-2016),delirium  (16-12-2016),DT75  (27-12-2016),MummyBic  (16-12-2016),smallpotatoes  (16-12-2016),yadot  (27-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    That sounds like the saddest description of gift giving I've ever heard
    What do you do with your unwanted gifts @treegal? Being a "tree gal" surely you would want to do something enviromentally friendly with these generic gifts that lets face it, we all receive and don't want. Why not past them on instead of buying more useless stuff??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (16-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    That sounds like the saddest description of gift giving I've ever heard
    I was thinking the same thing.

I have never regifted anything, I love buying gifts for people and put a lot of thought into what I buy people.

If I have been given something I don't like/want I will give it to someone, never as a gift but tell them 'I was given this, it's not for me, did you want it?'

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alicia111 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (16-12-2016),HearMeRoar  (16-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Regifting fails! Have you experienced one?

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia111 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.

I have never regifted anything, I love buying gifts for people and put a lot of thought into what I buy people.

If I have been given something I don't like/want I will give it to someone, never as a gift but tell them 'I was given this, it's not for me, did you want it?'

You girls have lived a very sheltered life if that's the saddest description of gift giving you have ever heard...

Geez I'm not saying I regift to close family/friends or anything. I said I regift it when another generic occasion arises or if someone pops over unexpectedly and you are caught off guard for a present
    Last edited by Hopeful37; 16-12-2016 at 14:34.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (28-12-2016)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful37 View Post
    I regift it when another generic occasion arises or if someone pops over unexpectedly and you are caught off guard for a present
    This is when I think regifting is perfect.
    When It's more of a token gesture.
    I hate regifting when it's palmed off as "it's your birthday and I found these great ice servers/golf socks/hankies for you" when no thought has been put into it.

I think regifting double ups of toys is a great idea. As is, donating those to wishing trees or charities.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (16-12-2016),Hopeful37  (16-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    Smooth! I wouldn't think that fast did she get you a new gift?

These are hilarious!
    Lol nope no new gift