+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Or... you could just wait to see what happens. Like a PP said, the seller may eventually start a dispute process and it might get resolved through that. Depends on how quickly you want the item you purchased.

How expensive was it? I have had non paying bidders before, and sometimes they just disappear. Not sure what Ebay does. There might be a strike system?
    Last edited by JustJaq; 14-12-2016 at 23:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Ebay help

Honestly I wouldn't pay it.
    It was an error.
    Even though technically you committed they can't forcibly take your money- you need to consent. If you get a strike (unlikely as it wasn't deliberate) you can still continue to use eBay, there isn't any serious ramifications really unless it is a repeated behaviour.
    If the seller has any decency they will fix it up. If they don't, or don't respond, then they don't deserve your business anyway.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 15-12-2016 at 04:24.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (15-12-2016),yadot  (15-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear. I have done this myself a couple times due to internet connection issues. But once I've emailed the seller and explained I only wanted to purchase one they have always cancelled the other mistake order. Sincerely, sorry. There are just those kinds of people out there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I buy and sell on eBay. There are all sorts of things that bug me (like when someone says they'll pay, they'll pay etc. for weeks and don't), but a mistake is a mistake and I definitely wouldn't expect you to buy both.

Are they a big seller? If they're relatively new to eBay, they may not know how to cancel a sale, especially once theyve combine postage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    I buy and sell on eBay. There are all sorts of things that bug me (like when someone says they'll pay, they'll pay etc. for weeks and don't), but a mistake is a mistake and I definitely wouldn't expect you to buy both.

Are they a big seller? If they're relatively new to eBay, they may not know how to cancel a sale, especially once theyve combine postage.
    Not sure if they are a big seller. I only signed up to eBay as I finally got myself a paypal account. I am still learning the ropes of it all myself. They sell a lot of the products I personally sell myself but I couldn't get a hold of this one particular item I needed for someone and won't be able to get it til after the new year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    The seller still isn't responding back to my initial messages.

I might just wait now until I can get the item myself.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    The seller still isn't responding back to my initial messages.

I might just wait now until I can get the item myself.
    I would reply to that message with something like
    "Hi, I haven't made payment as there was a stuff up with the purchase and accidentally bought 2. I did send previous messages asking for it to be fixed? If you could kindly send an amended invoice then I'll make the payment.
    Cheers, myztiks#1fan"

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (15-12-2016),TheGooch  (15-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I would reply to that message with something like
    "Hi, I haven't made payment as there was a stuff up with the purchase and accidentally bought 2. I did send previous messages asking for it to be fixed? If you could kindly send an amended invoice then I'll make the payment.
    Cheers, myztiks#1fan"
    Perfect. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ps that number after their user name is the number of feedbacks they've received - so yes, they sell a lot.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (15-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had to cancel a purchase for a long time but I'm sure you can actually go on to eBay and cancel the purchase. May not be able to do it from your phone though.