+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Inflatable castle/water slide

Christmas present for 3.5 year old. Yay or nay? We don't own pool or tramp. Huge garden. Any better designs to look at?

https://www.target.com.au/p/happy-ho...-zone/59120056

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    is this the one that is on sale in the current catalogue?

Friends of ours have one for their 5 y/o twins. The kids love it. My girls loved it when we went over to play. I recall if its windy it can blow around and also one of the kids fell over the electrical cord and unplugged it and it started to deflate with kids still up the top. IMO I think it would be a bit of a PITA to get out and set up each time you want to use it. I think once you've deflated it, you probably wouldnt want to leave it laying in the back yard to either get sun damaged or to blow around if it was windy. But all that said, I dont own one, so hopefully someone who does own one might be able to tell you if its difficult to set up and put away or even if it needs to be done each day.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

clbj  (27-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have one and my almost 2 and 4 year old loved it (although they were 1 and 3 when we last used it). It's a huge hit at parties. They are awesome although have to be super super dry when you pack them away or it will mould.

We also have a non water one which is much easier to set up but not as much fun.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sproutx3 For This Useful Post:

clbj  (27-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Definitely yes! But I've got the cheaper target one $350 , which is just as good and nearly half the price ! I've had it now for 4 years , it literally takes 2 mins to inflate, it has safety pegs that keep it attached to the ground so unless they are not put in right it shouldn't fall over and we've never had any accidents , ( make sure no more than 2 kids are at the top at one time) it deflates in 2 mins also and takes maybe ten mins to fold away and put back in the bag ( if it's nice weather we have left it deflated outside for a few days but it is better to pack away that night if your not using it the next day)

I've had 2 year olds up to 12 year olds on it , DS had roughly 12 x 3 years olds on it all day on his party and I take it to mums or my in laws as it folds back in its box and is not too big to travel
    This is ours:

IMG_1480189526.159683.jpg
    IMG_1480189536.254385.jpg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

clbj  (27-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Definitely yes! But I've got the cheaper target one $350 , which is just as good and nearly half the price ! I've had it now for 4 years , it literally takes 2 mins to inflate, it has safety pegs that keep it attached to the ground so unless they are not put in right it shouldn't fall over and we've never had any accidents , ( make sure no more than 2 kids are at the top at one time) it deflates in 2 mins also and takes maybe ten mins to fold away and put back in the bag ( if it's nice weather we have left it deflated outside for a few days but it is better to pack away that night if your not using it the next day)

I've had 2 year olds up to 12 year olds on it , DS had roughly 12 x 3 years olds on it all day on his party and I take it to mums or my in laws as it folds back in its box and is not too big to travel
    This is ours:

Attachment 86649
    Attachment 86650
    All this! We love ours.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSS For This Useful Post:

clbj  (27-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks so much!

This is current version

https://www.target.com.au/p/action-a...slide/59120063

I'm trying to work out if it's as high as your orange one.

Inflated dimensions: 2.5m (H), 3.65m (W) and 3m (D)
    Weight: 22.1kg

Sound high enough for fun? There's one less climbing rung
    Last edited by clbj; 27-11-2016 at 11:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It looks like it and you would think they would all be the same size? It just saves you the extra $!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    FYI. There's something very much like these coming up in this weeks Aldi catalogue for $289
    Might be worth checking that out?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Calstar For This Useful Post:

clbj  (27-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    FYI. There's something very much like these coming up in this weeks Aldi catalogue for $289
    Might be worth checking that out?
    Thanks for this I'm in wa and new to aldi. I couldn't find one in the special buys online. Is there anywhere I can see a catalogue online?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    It looks like it and you would think they would all be the same size? It just saves you the extra $!
    I originally thought the bigger one would be good because of the jumping area, but thinking more after your posts I'm not sure how much jumping will be happening when there is water action. Also the extra size/weight might be annoying dragging in/out of shed and if we want to transport. So thanks for words of wisdom.

eBay! There is a nsw stockist for the orange model. Height is pretty close.

Approximate inflated size dimensions:-
    Length 4.50m
    Width 3.15m
    Height 2.30m

So knowing 2.3m is a good height for fun is very helpful.

eBay orange model is $349 plus $59 freight to door.

Now to decide between polar bear and orange version, and whether weight/$ for jumpy part is worth it. Decisions decisions