+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Christmas Eve plans

What are your plans for Christmas Eve?

We have late afternoon street party, then we come home and kids get new summer pyjamas, then we watch Polar Express, then kids off to bed. Hubby and I relax watching carols from Melbourne ( I love Dennis Walters!!). Then we get ready for Santa x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This year my DHs brother is flying in to stay with us on Xmas eve! First time he will actually be here for Xmas day as usually he arrives Xmas night/Boxing Day. It's pretty spesh as it's DHs only family and they live opposite sides of the world and haven't had Xmas day together in 10+ years.
    Usually I just watch the carols on tv on Xmas eve

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (26-11-2016)

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My family will be leaving on Xmas eve, after breakfast and presents. We're having our Christmas dinner the night before.
    DH's mum and maybe Nanna will be coming on Xmas eve to help prep food for Christmas Day which is when we're all getting together.
    It's going to be a huge few days but I'm excited about all the festive fun!
    Depending on how harvest is going, we might head into town and look at some Christmas lights if DS is up for it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (27-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We haven't started harvest yet so I'll probably be alone all day. Thank goodness there is nothing to put together that requires help, I expect hubby will work into the wee small hours.

Kids and I will watch carols together and stay up a bit late.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (27-11-2016),TheGooch  (26-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We will be baking cookies for Santa during the day, giving DS1 his xmas eve box (so new pjs, a movie, popcorn and a new book). We'll watch the movie, put out cookies & milk and read him his new book at bedtime. Then DH and I will stay up and have a glass of wine and watch a movie to make sure DS1 is definitely asleep, then we'll put all the presents out. DS1 is so excited this year, so I'm really looking forward to it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (27-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'll be cooking the turkey, and making/prepping salads for Christmas. Setting the table and getting all the servingware out. Christmas eve box (movie, christmas pjs and a snack), cookies and milk for Santa, and carrots out for reindeer. I'll try to get some shortbread making in.

I have to remember to clean the silver before then. I'll have to find it first!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No idea yet lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Christmas Eve plans

I'll be making Xmas lunch deserts and cleaning the house all day but about 5pm we have a bath and get our Xmas pjs on and we always watch those Frosty and Rudolph cartoon movies, make brownies to leave out for Santa and say goodbye to our Elf who goes home with Santa that night - then Santa ( aka my dad ) always calls DS just before bed about 8pm ( this year will be interesting as he's now 6, been doing this since he was 2 but last year he said "Santa sounds like poppy "
    Then DH makes a midnight run to the office where Santa has stashed all the presents and I place them under the tree!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No plans yet - I really should get organised though. Working at Woolworths, I'll likely be rostered on that day, but I don't know what hours yet as the roster doesn't come out for that week until next Sunday. May well be too tired to do much after I get home from that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am not working (hooray) so all I'll probably do is any last minute gift wrapping, make a pavlova ready to take Christmas Day and then whatever else MIL wants me to bring (probably nothing because she likes to do it all so it's done "her way"). In the evening I will watch the Christmas Carols with the volume cranked and then go to bed. During the carols DH will come in and tell me to then the volume down, which I will do, and then once he's gone again I'll turn the volume back up. Can't wait until I can share the excitement of Christmas Eve with kids (and adults) who appreciate it. DHs family don't seem to have any proper traditions, unless you count prawns on Christmas Day, so I'm on my own at the moment with my Christmas Eve carols!