+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What are you getting your kids for Christmas?

I think we've had a few Xmas gift threads so far but I don't recall seeing one about pressies for the kids yet?
    Sooooo just wondering what people have bought/plan to buy their children this year and what age they are?

We have one DD who is 17 months old and so far I'm following the want, need, wear, read philosophy with no set budget but nothing too ridiculous. So far I've got her:
    Set of Thomas the tank engine books and 2 other books (read)
    Some summer tops/shorts (wear)
    Bobux sandals (need)
    Beach kit with beach ball, bucket, spade
    Mini easel with blackboard/whiteboard
    Inflatable splash pad thing which connects to the hose and sprays a bit of water up.
    Little dolly with hair to play with
    Bongo drum

We might leave it at this (spent about $250, the tiny bobux shoes account for $70 of this ) but I'm also contemplating a table and chairs set for her as I think she will use that for a long time.
    DHs brother is coming to stay for Xmas and will probably buy her some outdoor play equipment while he's here. My mum has got her a set of feelings books and I might ask her to get a set of mega blocks and my brother is getting her a kids ukulele. No one else buys for her so it's pretty contained luckily!
    Looking forward to hearing your plans

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm trying to do the same as you (something to wear, something to read, something they want and something they need). So far for Ds1 (2.10 years) we're planning on a toy kitchen with the various bits (food, pots, etc), I feel like this will last for ages since we have ds2 so kind of his as well but he's only 6 months. He's asking Santa for a dinosaur so will get one of those as well. I haven't decided on a book yet, I had some harem dinosaur leggings made by a crafty Instagram mom for him, and so far for 'need' I've thought of child scissors for his stocking. I've also bought a few random used things off of our local FB site (puzzles, a game, more train track purely because it had a bridge that won't fall down because his current bridge drives me mad!). The kitchen 'bits' will probably be most of his presents.

Ds2, I can only think of a personalized wooden name puzzle . So hard to think of anything special for him since he's only a baby and our second boy so has plenty of toys by default!

Dh's mom already got ds1 a box of magnatiles while she was visiting but I'm sure she'll still get him something else and say she 'forgot' about those.

My parents have bought them clothes, a book that ds1 already opened so now they want to send something else (I didn't realize it was a Christmas gift, just came randomly from Amazon) and two personalized Christmas ornaments.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (26-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @gingermillie, what feelings books did your mom get? I've been looking for some.

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm trying really hard not to go overboard after DS's birthday in September when he opened about 3 presents and got over it!
    So I'm following the idea I got from BH - something he wants, something he needs, something to wear, something he needs.

So, DS, who is 2, is getting:
    A balance bike
    A pair of new boots
    An outfit to wear on Christmas Day
    One of those "boy who lost his name" books

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (29-11-2016),gingermillie  (26-11-2016),HollyGolightly81  (26-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
    I'm trying really hard not to go overboard after DS's birthday in September when he opened about 3 presents and got over it!
    So I'm following the idea I got from BH - something he wants, something he needs, something to wear, something he needs.

A balance bike
    A pair of new boots
    I like how I said we were doing the same thing and then listed like 20 things . It's that damn neighborhood FB site, so much quality stuff for like £5!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (26-11-2016),TheGooch  (26-11-2016)

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We do the want, need, wear, read too, and then Santa.

Ds(6)
    Want- ? Don't know yet
    Wear- jumper, t shirt, shorts, pants and new cons
    Need- beach towel
    Read- Guiness book of records.
    Santa- some Richmond stuff, slushie thing, bike, footy, water bombs, sprinkler. Still need something from the dog.

Dd (8 months)
    Want- bracelet and a toy elephant thing
    Wear- dress, jumper, pants, shorts and new cons
    Need- beach towel
    Read- where is the green sheep board book.
    Santa- fold out couch, a few hair things, bubble machine, mega blocks and thinking a clam shell.
    From the dog a little back pack.

We also got a family ruler for measuring heights as a combined present. It's hard to make it look 'even'.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are you getting your kids for Christmas?

Great thread !! I need ideas for my 2.5 yr old grandson

I want to start a tradition with him.

So far I've got him bathers and 2 dvds
    Last edited by Louise41; 26-11-2016 at 19:43.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    He got a dirt bike for his birthday last month so no big presents this Xmas just small ones, Santa will get him a scooter that has sparks that come out the back when you put the breaks on, someStar Wars Lego he wants, a Star Wars make your own crystal science thingy, some bobble heads, captain underpants book set , a snorkel set plus little things for his stocking , DH and I have bought him a few games ( game of life, beat the parents and star wars guess who) and a yoda deco light for his room plus he will get heaps from the rest of family

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    @gingermillie, what feelings books did your mom get? I've been looking for some.
    This is the set she got I think there may be some more by this author and cheaper sets too
    http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/33151780445...68&_mwBanner=1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post

A balance bike
    A pair of new boots
    Oh yes we got DD the lost my name book last Xmas and it is beautiful
    DDs birthday is July and DH wants to get a balance bike then so birthday is already sorted haha

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (26-11-2016)