+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tummy sleep

So after a bit of googling I still don't have an answer and hopefully someone can't help
    My son sleeps so well on his tummy I thought to start it was just him laying on our chests but it turns out (after watching him while he napped) he honestly gets more sleep in the day on his tummy. So I wanted to know why it was so frowned apon and all I can find is "it increases the risk of SIDS" but no why!

So my question....
    Why does it increase the risk?
    What is it about sleeping on tummys if you follow all other rules of thumb that increase this so much?
    Second baby but my first never slept and still doesn't sleep on his tummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe it's because on their stomach their heads a more likely to face downwards, and if they aren't strong enough to lift themselves yet, then they can suffocate.

It's no longer an issue once they can roll themselves. I was always taught to put babies to sleep on their backs and if they roll themselves into another position then that's fine but always check on them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you that makes sense just every answer I found didn't go into much detail

Similar Threads

1. Tummy issues.. Can anyone help??
    By misho in forum General Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-11-2016, 08:59
  2. Tummy tuck
    By ToniR1411 in forum Beauty
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-05-2016, 11:05
  3. Tummy Tuck or abdominoplasty?
    By divyapatil04 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0