+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have my tits out everywhere, sometimes the delivery driver cops an eyeful as I've forgot to cover back up properly 😂

I wouldn't of been "offended" though, more disappointed. I don't think there was any malice, some people still think it's inappropriate, particularly those of other generations or cultures, I try to take that into account and not let it get to me. Perhaps if I was brave enough I would politely say "I'm comfortable with feeding, I don't need to cover up thank you".

We are getting better as a society. I've fed everywhere and have yet to be made to feel embarrassed, most people avert their eyes if they are uncomfortable.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Green Cheese  (24-11-2016),Tainted  (23-11-2016),Tdez  (24-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That would make me angry too! It's so frustrating that this is still an issue in our society.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Tainted  (23-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I have my tits out everywhere, sometimes the delivery driver cops an eyeful as I've forgot to cover back up properly 😂

I wouldn't of been "offended" though, more disappointed. I don't think there was any malice, some people still think it's inappropriate, particularly those of other generations or cultures, I try to take that into account and not let it get to me. Perhaps if I was brave enough I would politely say "I'm comfortable with feeding, I don't need to cover up thank you".

We are getting better as a society. I've fed everywhere and have yet to be made to feel embarrassed, most people avert their eyes if they are uncomfortable.
    This is me lol. Even the forgetting to put myself back properly lol.

I would be dissapointed in my DH in that circumstance too. Even if it is his business he had no right to tell you to cover up. And DH's/friends/person with you should say something if you cannot and back you up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Tainted  (23-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Am I right to be offended?

Absolutely you have a right to be offended, and so do the kids in the store he was supposedly 'protecting'.

It so saddens me that this sort of attitude to something so normal and natural still exists . I'm sorry this happened to you, how awful.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Tainted  (02-12-2016)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Of course you are right to be offended! It was illegal for him to say that to you. That said- if it was an older gentleman who perhaps comes from a different cultural background (I know I'm stereotyping here!) I would just forget about it. I've realised that with older people set in their ways you'll have very little chance of changing their minds.
    If he was younger give him a smack upside the head next time you see him!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Tainted  (02-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies, its nice to have back up! Given the barber has previously spoken about his 5 kids one would expect he would realise that babies require food like the rest of the population. I think my main issue was the implication I was doing something that was inappropriate around children. I breastfed my older son when he needed it and only ever heard one negative comment, and it was about me rather than to me so it was certainly unexpected!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    This is me lol. Even the forgetting to put myself back properly lol.

I would be dissapointed in my DH in that circumstance too. Even if it is his business he had no right to tell you to cover up. And DH's/friends/person with you should say something if you cannot and back you up.

I was pretty put out by his reaction, though not entirely surprised given the state of our 'relationship'. He has previously insisted I cover up when feeding bub walking around the shops because he apparently would be furious if someone said something! Funnily enough bub doesn't appreciate his head being covered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Just caught up on this thread Hun. This **** needs to be put in his place. Totally has no idea! *******!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow of course you have a right to be offended... I would have been worried about SIDS covering a baby with a blanket and told he man as such....

I would try not to let it get to me... As a Pp said if it's an older generation they probably are set in their ways and won't change the way they believe... THeir wives probably covered up or left the room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally don't get it. There is way more flesh on show at the beach. Should children never go to the beach?? ***hole