+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fairyfloss7676 View Post
    How long had you been trying (I) naturally and (II) how many IVF cycles did you try before you fell pregnant naturally?
    When I had my AMH tested I was actually single. I was starting to explore the option of having a baby on my own. I wasn't anywhere near ready but wanted to find out my options etc so had initial blood tests which included AMH. When I got the results I was shocked and so upset. So went to see FS who told me if I wanted a baby I should do it now. My first and only cycle was cancelled as after 10 days of stimms I only had 2 follies. I went to another FS who told me she wouldn't bother trying again unless I could get my FSH under 12. Tried everything including HRT, TCM etc but nothing worked (over 7 months). I was devastated. So I gave up on the whole idea as I was consumed by it and suffering terrible anxiety and depression. About three months later I met a lovely guy! As I was pretty much told I had little hope of ever conceiving I wasn't being very careful with contraception and what do you know, 2 months after we met I was pregnant! I was in absolute shock. And so was he lol. fast forward more than two years and we are happily engaged and have our beautiful little girl

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Furmumma For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @dani251, congratulations!! That's wonderful news!! Just goes to show that, sometimes, AMH isn't entirely a bad thing. If you can nab that quality egg, that's all that matters!! Do you know the gender of the little bean? Wishing you a wonderful birth and lots of happy times!
    Thank you so much for your lovely words! I was so upset to find I had low AMH and yet, as you say, it just takes a good egg to set you on the right course!
    We're having a little boy thank you so much for your wishes and I send you the very best wishes too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi Dani,

even though i find myself with low AMH as is expected for my age. I fell pregnant naturally at 41yrs old. I shouldnt imagine my AMH was much different than it is now. All it takes is one true. But unfortunately it did not last as my hubby sperm is disfunctional.

Fairyfloss7676 yes i did look at the link, i think its a little too late for me. Im day 7 of stimming. If this doesn't work for me it will be egg donor and sperm donor.

mysticfalls.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

dani251  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still love your story @MysticFalls!!!!! I just love reading it!!!! It gives me so much hope!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @dani251 - I'm so excited for you honey!! A beautiful little boy!! What a wonderful gift!! I hope the summer season doesn't make you feel to uncomfortable but I'm sure, like me, every niggle is welcome in anticipation for your wonderful little boy! So so so happy for you!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low AMH club

For those of you who did succeed with IVF, what IVF protocol did you find helped you net that golden egg?
    Last edited by fairyfloss7676; 25-11-2016 at 09:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those of you who did succeed with IVF, what IVF protocol did you find helped you bet that golden egg?
    If it helps hun, my partner just did a frozen IVF cycle at 36. Her AMH was 9 last year so we wanted to try and freeze some embies for her. Due to health issues she is also considering a hysterectomy at 40, with her doctor's advice.
    She went well with the IVF, but was at risk at the end for overstimulation so the slowed down at the final run.
    We got 11 eggs out, 8 fertilised. Of those, 2 made it to 5 day blastocysts, which we're happy with. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, should have said - she was on the pill to regulate her cycle first, then gonal f and lucrin trigger lucrin is used instead if there is a fear over over stimulating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dani251 View Post
    Sorry, should have said - she was on the pill to regulate her cycle first, then gonal f and lucrin trigger lucrin is used instead if there is a fear over over stimulating
    That's actually quite interesting. They usually say a low AMH does not put you at risk of OHSS.. That's very interesting. Can I ask, what sort of symptoms did she get that made them believe she had OHSS or was it based on her estrogen levels?

That was a very good outcome for your partner. A fantastic result. Can I ask, was she on synarel? Was it a long down cycle or an antagonist cycle and would you please pm me the clinic she used? I would love to go and see some of these clinics that have experience with older women!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's actually quite interesting. They usually say a low AMH does not put you at risk of OHSS.. That's very interesting. Can I ask, what sort of symptoms did she get that made them believe she had OHSS or was it based on her estrogen levels?

That was a very good outcome for your partner. A fantastic result. Can I ask, was she on synarel? Was it a long down cycle or an antagonist cycle and would you please pm me the clinic she used? I would love to go and see some of these clinics that have experience with older women!
    Sure, no problem!
    Our clinic was in Canberra and we live in Sydney - this was only due to to our choice of donor. Happy to send you the name if you're interested. She wasn't on synarel and she was on an antagonist cycle.
    She started to get a lot of follicles - 30 or so - towards the end and her E shot up. Lucrin won't mature the little ones and so the risk of OHSS is lowered when that is chosen as the trigger. I suppose, so too is the chance of any of the little ones catching up!
    Delighted with the results.. she only wanted to do the one so just as well!

How are you going with your cycle?