+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The little one is old enough now that I am able to make time for my hobbies again. I have lots of homebody hobbies which works well as DH has lots of going out hobbies. Plus I now have a dedicated 'she shed' in our new home for all my pursuits.

Sewing (quilts, appliqué, clothes, bags, cushions), knitting (rectangles only lol), baking, cake decorating, photography, painting, gardening - veggies, bulbs and general pruning etc (even put flowers into a flower show this year!), reading articles/researching, house reno (planning, researching and doing) and yoga.

It's hard when the kids are under 3 though. I found with both of mine it was mostly just baking and the occasional bit of knitting or sewing while they were little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    Not lame at all!!!
    I may have squealed today when I saw some decent washi tape in my local office works. Hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Things I currently do: reading, sewing, cooking, renovating, camping.

Things I miss that I want to get back to cycling, exercise in general, volunteering, further study, travel (or at least planning).

There are also some great service groups out there that would love your spare time (meals on wheels, rotary, kids activity groups etc).

I'm also a member of Toastmasters. Great for self esteem and learning new things. Most clubs are pretty social and it is such a supportive group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I'm a bit the same too. I do study interior decoration and love watching decorating renovating and building shows and talking about it but those are hardly hobbies.

Can you maybe look at 'types' of hobbies first to narrow it down.

I'm thinking like:

Team Sport

Individual fitness

Adventure sports (thinking more hiking, kayaking

Art and Craft

Writing / blogging

Studying something

Gaming

Join a book club

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hobbies are

Travel (travel a lot overseas every year) and I also write a travel blog

Reading. Been a huge reader since I was in primary school and read every night before bed.

Going to collectible and rare stuff auctions in case a cool item turns up for the collection!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel the same when people ask me what my hobbies are! I say, I don't have any but what else do I do with my spare time? I guess my hobbies come and go and depends on what's happening in my life but generally the consistency things are decorating and some gardening. I do read when I can or listen to podcasts. Very patchy though so I can understand the difficulty in categorising or defining what a hobby is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubhub/reading/cooking/yoga

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow more replies then I expected! Thank you everyone!
    I wish I could figure out what interests me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Photography, tennis and I've got to get back into dressage soon I haven't ridden in a few months and miss it!
    Last edited by bezzy; 23-11-2016 at 16:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've just started back at karate after taking about 10 years off. I was a 1st kyu brown belt when I stopped, but I've started with a brand new school and starting from scratch. I've done 4 lessons so far and they want me to grade this weekend and sensei has mentioned double gradings in the future, so it's all a bit exciting.