+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tummy issues.. Can anyone help??

So I had the worst gastro in the history of life last week.

Gastro is always tough for me - I get extremely sick from it - I'd rather have 2 broken legs than have to go thru gastro!

Anyways.

So it took me a week to recover, but even now, whenever I eat something, I bloat. I look like I'm 5 months pregnant. My clothes dont fit.
    It doesn't go away until the next morning but then starts up again as soon as I eat/drink anything other than water.

So coffee is out my one vice

I've just had some poached chicken and salad and now I'm bloated again. I look ridiculous.

Has anyone have any tips on how to manage/stop/treat this?

I've taken inner health plus and yogurt. I don't know what else to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear as I was reading I was thinking take a probiotic but you've got that covered.

We had gastro go through the house a few weeks ago. DS2 ended up at the ED. While there they told us there are a few new strains going around which is why people are going down hard - no prior exposure.

Anyway it took me almost 2 weeks before I was eating normally again. Just keep up the fluids and stick to plain bland foods.

Hope you get better soon.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

misho  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Oh dear as I was reading I was thinking take a probiotic but you've got that covered.

We had gastro go through the house a few weeks ago. DS2 ended up at the ED. While there they told us there are a few new strains going around which is why people are going down hard - no prior exposure.

Anyway it took me almost 2 weeks before I was eating normally again. Just keep up the fluids and stick to plain bland foods.

Hope you get better soon.
    Thanks.
    Painful isn't the right word, but it's so uncomfortable.

I bought some new work clothes 2 weeks ago and I'm sitting here with my hand inside my skirt (from the waist) trying to stretch out the material because it's digging into me so much. And the skirt was loose 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by misho; 22-11-2016 at 14:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Might be worth getting a stool sample tested. Giardia sometimes results in bloating and flatulence...and the symptoms can carry on for ages..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

misho  (23-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could be some form of irritable bowel syndrome...not good to go untreated. I'd be going to the dr or get a referral for a gastroenterologist. Having a bad gut is really unhealthy for you. Hope u get better soon!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Yogis Mumma For This Useful Post:

misho  (23-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Misho, after a bout of gastro it's perfectly fine to take two probiotics as opposed to one a day.

Do you like peppermint? Having some peppermint tea might help settle the bloat etc.

I would definitely be getting a stool sample in the next week or so if you still aren't right, at least that way you can rule out giardia or any other nasty which may require some antibiotics.

Help you feel better soon!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

misho  (23-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Misho, after a bout of gastro it's perfectly fine to take two probiotics as opposed to one a day.

Do you like peppermint? Having some peppermint tea might help settle the bloat etc.

I would definitely be getting a stool sample in the next week or so if you still aren't right, at least that way you can rule out giardia or any other nasty which may require some antibiotics.

Help you feel better soon!
    Thanks, I might have to. I didn't really think of that.

I've had Giardia before, years ago. I don't think that's it. The diarrhoea has stopped its just the bloating that remains.
    Never the less I might give it another few days and then go back to the dr. I'm assuming all my gut flora is still out of whack, I was just hoping someone might know of of any other herbal concoctions that might be helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogis Mumma View Post
    Could be some form of irritable bowel syndrome...not good to go untreated. I'd be going to the dr or get a referral for a gastroenterologist. Having a bad gut is really unhealthy for you. Hope u get better soon!
    Thanks, yes, after my Giardia like 15 years ago I got IBS which was dreadful.

Was thinking to get back on the aloe Vera & Manuka honey juice actually, to see if it helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would also suggest going to a health shop and getting another probiotic. Inner health plus only has 1 or 2 strains but plenty of other better ones have 10 or more. The more strains the better. It will balance out your gut flora quicker. If the health shop had someone very knowledgeable they could suggest what strains you need based in your symptoms but if no one can help with that just chose one with the most strains. Good luck. X