+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd definitely call security and consider calling the police too. That's assault. What a psycho!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would definetly be notifyi g police and where she works.
    But I wonder if the police could do anything without witnesses to back up your claim or cctv?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would do everything in my power and beyond to take that b1tch down

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (22-11-2016),KitiK  (22-11-2016),LaDiDah  (23-11-2016),Meld85  (22-11-2016),Unschooling4  (26-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness, definitely report. What absolute disgusting behaviour from a grandmother! She has no right touching another child, especially in a violent manner, bending her finger! How dare she. I know it's hard to think on the spot but this woman just can't go around hurting children. If she gets reported then she would know the seriousness of this incident, because obviously she thinks this is acceptable. I hope your DD is OK xxxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing, that's terrible OP. You poor daughter. Please be sure to report it. Not just to security but to Police as that's assault. She needs to know she can't do that & so she doesn't continue doing that to others. Being a shopping centre there should be CCTV footage. There's no reason for that lady to have done that to your daughter.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gah no dice I think ladies. I called centre management and spoke to them about the incident and the woman was sympathetic and had security look through the footage and they just called me and said they can see the altercation between me and the woman but can't see either of the children or what the woman did to my child. Apparently it was not in the angle.

They offered to burn the footage for me if I want to get the police involved however without seeing the actual incident I'm guessing there is not much they would do.

The annoying thing is that it wasn't until after the event did I realise she had a uniform on and am not 100% sure which store.

I have chosen to let it go - next time I will remember to have my phone and take a photo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Omg! What a horrible woman! I haven't read all replies yet but I absolutely think you should report it to centre management and let them know which store uniform she had on, and I would also go to the store to report her. I might even report her to the police if I didn't think the centre was taking it seriously.

I know you said your DD had waited her turn and had just started playing but honestly even if she hadn't and she was hogging the toy that woman had no right to lay her hands on your DD. Even if a child is being the worst brat, say something to their parent, say something to them if you must but you never ever lay a hand on someone else's child. I would be furious!

I feel bad for your poor DD, she's so little, she probably didn't even understand what was happening. I hope she's ok. I'm sorry that happened to you all, I would be so shaken up.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This might sound a bit melodramatic but is it a big shopping centre? Because I would be considering walking in every shop just to find out which shop she worked in. But then again, she may have just come from work that may not be in the shopping centre. I'm glad you got in contact with Centre Management, at least you tried

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

Full House  (22-11-2016),LaDiDah  (23-11-2016),Meld85  (22-11-2016),Unschooling4  (26-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd ask for the footage and find out where she works. Who in their right mind thinks it's okay to touch someone else's kid, let alone hurt them?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babymummatobe View Post
    I'd ask for the footage and find out where she works. Who in their right mind thinks it's okay to touch someone else's kid, let alone hurt them?
    They will only release it to the police apparently....