+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I started 3 weeks ago and I'm really enjoy it. I have gotten used to cream in my coffee. At work I get an espresso shot and take it back to my desk and make it up with cream and hot water.

I try and stick to 20g of carbs

My weight loss journal has some more info on what I eat etc. Eta today was bacon, egg and avo e
    with coffee for breakfast. Lunch is leftover chicken with some zucchini, capsicum and egglpant and spinach and ricotta dumplings and bocconcini, dinner is a salmon and broccolli salad. Lots of butter and oil and cheese added in.
    Last edited by smallpotatoes; 22-11-2016 at 09:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Next question when making the coffee with cream do you put the cream in the cup first like with milk? Sorry just want to make sure I make it right

Thanks
    Reviews
    what i do is i mix my cream in a separate cup with some hot water, make my espresso in another mug and then pour it in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    Can I ask what your daily menu looks like?
    Sure! I have a coffee (or 2) with cream for breakfast. I no longer eat a meal at brekky as I'm not hungry till well after lunch. Ideally I would usually have my main meal of the day bet 1-3 pm, which would be a piece of protein with a side of veggies and butter. Or protein with salad and homemade dressing and mayonnaise. Then later a smaller snack or just a plate of butter and veggies or salad.

Some days that's the other way around as I do like to eat an evening meal with my daughter and psychologically I struggle not having that main meal at night lol. But my body seems to naturally want to fall in to the former pattern.

I often have a plate of frozen berries with full fat jalna yoghurt as a sweet treat.

Snacks I don't generally need, but if I do I generally have celery sticks with mayonnaise, boiled eggs, Oopsie bread ( if you haven't heard of it, it's the best low carb recipe ever!) with avocado or another filling. Or Camembert chunks lol. I have found that I don't tend to get that tummy growling, gnawing hunger every few hours that I used to always get on my carb rich diet. Just a mild hunger, need to eat something feeling and a much longer time between needing meals.

The amount of food I eat varies day to day. Some days I may barely want to eat one meal, others I will want 2 plus snacks. I just go with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, I have a friend eating LCHF, but she eats a big brekky and lunch and dinner. It still works for her, so I guess everyone's body adapts differently!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coconut milk or cream is also very nice in coffee, and sweet as well so you don't need to add additional sweetener

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Coconut milk can have a lot more carbs than cows milk or cream so be wary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoyed my first coffee with cream today and I loved it! I added cinnamon into the filter with the coffee so it brewed together and it tasted different but I liked it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (23-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    Enjoyed my first coffee with cream today and I loved it! I added cinnamon into the filter with the coffee so it brewed together and it tasted different but I liked it
    Are you restricting carbs for the rest of the day? What are you eating?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    Are you restricting carbs for the rest of the day? What are you eating?
    Trying to, my fitness pal seems to be helping me keep my carbs down. Yesterday I had;

Morning - coffee with cream (found I didn't need any other breakfast but being a sleever breakfast is hard to eat anyway)

Lunch - Grilled halloumi topped with left over taco mince and smashed avo

Dinner - tofu and veggie stir fry

In between meals I sipped on protein water that has 0g of sugar and carbs