+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Last edited by Myztiks#1Fan; 22-11-2016 at 09:36.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

PeanutsMummy  (20-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Full time, working in risk consulting in a big 4 accounting firm and on 50K. Hours are long, pay is awful. Interesting work though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    Full time, working in risk consulting in a big 4 accounting firm and on 50K. Hours are long, pay is awful. Interesting work though.
    I used to work for big 4. Get out, you'll get paid so much more, even if you decide to go back the pay bump will absolutely be invaluable (literally and figuratively).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CcegG For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (20-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CcegG View Post
    I used to work for big 4. Get out, you'll get paid so much more, even if you decide to go back the pay bump will absolutely be invaluable (literally and figuratively).
    That's my plan. I'm hoping to get out next year and move into government or industry. Considering the amount of work we do (and stress of ridiculous deadlines) the pay is unreasonable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a stay at home mum so earn nothing for the past 4 years.

Before was a private nanny and earn about 45k a year and loved it/ had great hours and only worked about 4 days a week.

Hubby is a Town Planner and works for local council he earns about $95k a year. He only works a 9 day fortnight so has every second Friday off.

We think the money/ situation is great for us at the moment with a young family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a laboratory technician. My base rate is $90k but because I do shift work it's $130k. I'm on a good wicket but I know it won't last.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dh is a plumber and last financial year grossed 85k he does ridiculous overtime.

When I was working I did aged care. Hoping to get into admin or nursing. Unless we open are own company. We need something flexible for ds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default What do you do and how much do you earn?

I work in marketing. My 1.0 FTE is $67k but I currently only work 0.6 FTE

Eta just read your original post, I'm in a Uni too, so you must be the same level as me as we have the same pay.

I actually think for what we do, we get paid pretty well, but in today's money, I really could earn more. I also don't enjoy my job but the flexibility coupled with my 300+ hours of sick leave, 230 hours of long service leave and 150 hours of annual leave more than makes up for the wage.
    Last edited by A-Squared; 20-11-2016 at 12:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Until 2 weeks ago I was a practice manager and bookkeeper in a small-medium law firm. I worked 4 days a week and earned $75k. Now I'll be a SAHM until (if) I decide I want to find something a couple of days a week. Don't want to go back to my old job due to travel time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I'm an environmental scientist and earn $80K pa for 22 hrs per week. Two jobs ago I was on $400k pa... those were the days haha. Don't think I'll ever see that kind of money again.
    Sorry being nosy. Is it in mining? $80k for 22hrs is pretty high rate for a scientist.