+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What do you do Christmas Day?

I know we've got threads about Christmas food and Christmas presents but I'm wondering what sort of things people do during the day on Christmas? We're heading to the in laws farm and I know the morning will be present opening (goes very quickly the way my ils approach it) and then nothing much until lunch and then again nothing special in the afternoon. I'd like to try to come up with some activities the whole family could take part in to make the day a bit more fun. So tell me about the activities that will fill your Christmas Day?

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    We often do presents and breakfast in the morning just as a family then head to my parents for lunch. Backyard cricket, water pistols or balloons were heaps of fun when I was a kid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Presents and breakfast. Then lazy lunch of leftovers - we celebrate Xmas eve. Then there's always a water fight in the afternoon. Last year we had the bunch 'o balloons which made it so much quicker. But otherwise it's filling water balloons and super soakers. Then late afternoon is playing whatever games outside we received for Xmas. Evening is board games and the Xmas puzzle. We do a puzzle every year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a farm Christmas most years: set up the paddling pool for the kids, game of cricket, bocce on the lawn, late afternoon walk when it cools down. Movie after lunch.
    Sit on the patio in the early evening with drinks & let the kids run amuck in the garden (fully fenced).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Normally we do Christmas day with my IL's at my Aunt-IL's house. Open presents with DS (and now DD) at home. Breakfast at home then we meet everyone mid morning for presents, lunch, swim in pool. Dinner is leftovers.

This year we are unsure as FIL is in the middle of cancer treatment. So we may just do a Christmas at home with the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Xmas is always busy but I love it that way! We still open all our presents together so my brother and sister and their families all come over to my parents (still in pjs) and we open presents , usually about 7am - then stay for brekky , the kids usually play with all their stuff then we go home about 10 as I'm hosting lunch this year , my family come for lunch about 12, they usually stay until late afternoon then DH sisters usually come for dinner and then DS gets to hang out with his other cousins and play with all his stuff and swim so it's always a busy day! We usually chill out Boxing Day then head down the coast for a few weeks to my in laws beach house

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Xmas breakfast is normally just dp, ds and I, we do our presents after breakfast.

Lunch we are heading to my parents and it's usually pretty relaxed. Lunch then presents depending on the times when everyone arrives, normally do presents 2/3pm, then just chill while the kids play.

Boxing Day is at my aunts house and always has been as long as I remember, all the extended family go for a seafood feast, swims in the pool and backyard cricket with a bit of the Boxing Day test on tv

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Famy comes over first thing and we open presents, followed by breakfast (usually ham and cheese croissants and champers). Kids play with gifts while we do lunch prep....rest of fam usually comes over at 12, more gift swapping then lunch around 1pm. The afternoon is always Slip n Slide..A tradition set many years ago and everyone is involved. Kids play, adulrs5have a few drinks and relax. Dinner is leftovers....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    6am brekky and gifts to each other (us to kids, kids to each other).
    7.30am In laws
    4pm Home
    5.30pm Santa gifts
    7pm Dinner
    9pm Kids bed
    10pm us bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours is usually pretty chilled. First up is presents, breakfast. Play with toys while we prep lunch which we then eat. We'll probably have a water fight later. I havent really worked out what to do this year!