+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Party at the park in summer

If you were having your child's party at a park in mid QLD summer would you have it early in the day, around lunch time or later afternoon?

Im planning on having DDs 4th birthday in the park late next month. It's going to be hot as it always is. I'm planning to keep it pretty casual this year, just a play in the park with a few cousins and some cupcakes.

I was planning to do it at say 11 but then I'm thinking it's close to lunch so I will probably have to provide lunch. I don't mind this, we could do a bbq, but would it be too hot to do a bbq at the park in the middle of the day? We usually leave our bbqs til later in the day in summer because cooking under the sun at midday can be a killer.

But then I was thinking if I have the party in the afternoon we might not be able to get a good spot under one of the gazebos. If we have it at 11am I was planning on sending DH or my BIL to the park around 9am to stake us out a good spot.

Any ideas or suggestions? TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would do it at 10am and provide a simple morning tea. Fruit platter, fairy bread, cupcakes, honey joys and some drinks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would not have it at lunch. Far too hot IMO.

Regarding gazebos you might need to check with the council as a lot need booking these days - especially in popular spots.

I would do morning personally. It's cooler and you have time to let mids run around and then recover in the afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I find that age group is at its best first thing in the morning. Also my kids as they get around that age spend all day waiting for their party and it can be draining.

One of our most fun parties for my 2nd was her 4th at our local park at 9am. I bought a bunch of French pastries and fruit and that was it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would do it either early in the morning eg 9:30 or 10, or late afternoon. I think 11 could be too hot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd do 10am - 12.30 and do morning tea /party food and then have sandwiches around 12ish as the kids will need lunch , easy to prepare before you go and no stress with cooking anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have often done b/fast parties for the kids summer birthdays in QLD. Usually only involves cousins and close friends so they don't mind the early start. I usually make it around 8am.... works for us as we are all early rises. Gets the party over with and everyone can still get stuff done for the rest of the day. We usually just cook some sausages, bacon and eggs and have rolls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do our party in the parks at 9.30am/ 10am and make sure one of us goes to the park early to set up and reserve a spot with some shade.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks for the replies, I was thinking before 11 would be too early as we've never been invited to a party that early but it seems to be common so I think we'll do an early morning tea party, sounds like the best bet

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll agree with the mummas I'd go morning aswell as qld can be quite temperamental during the summer with its weather. Beautiful in the morning and rainy in the afternoon