+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Self employed single parent

Hi everyone, I'm enquiring on behalf of a friend who has recently separated. I spent some time as a single parent so I'm helping her through the process.

When I was receiving PPS, I would report my fortnightly income via the app. My friend is self employed, earning anything from $400 to $1200 a fortnight. Is she able to report via the app every fortnight too?

I will attend her Centrelink appointment with her but I'm just trying to gather as much information as possible beforehand. She's a babe in the woods when it comes to this stuff (hubby controlled all the finances) so I'd like to prepare her as best I can so she can start to make plans. The website isn't hugely helpful when it comes to self employment.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am on the single parent pension and self employed. I only had to provide Centrelink with a profit and loss statement and then I include my expected earnings in my yearly income estimate. I don't need to do any reporting. However, it would depend on the type of work your friend is doing. If it is contract work through another company then she would probably need to report fortnightly. If she runs her own business then she would probably do the same as I do.
    It will probably come down to the person she sees at her appointment and how they interpret her work.
    Best of luck to your friend and I hope her separation goes smoothly xo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePancakeDrawer For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you very much for sharing your situation!

She runs her own business, so she may end up having to provide an estimate.

Thanks again!