+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cholestasis - did you have it again?

I'm pregnant with #3. #1 was a straight forward pregnancy, #2 I developed Cholestasis at around 34 weeks. Frequent bloods from then and by the time I hit 36 weeks I was jaundice and exhausted from lack of sleep. I was given 2 injections to develop baby's lungs and induced, as there was too much of a risk to baby.

Now I'm pregnant with #3. I know the stats are high that I will have Cholestasis again.

Did you have Cholestasis? Did you get it again with subsequent pregnancies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had it with my first but not my second.
    Im now 5 weeks pregnant with 3rd and hoping i dont get it again.

First pregnancy i had gestational diabetes and cholestasis (which they say can come hand in hand) so i was very mindful of my eating second time round, even though im not overweight i watched my sugar intake and that and not sure if that had a positive affect and helped me not get gd and cholestasis.
    My doctor had also said not to go back on the pill before my 2nd as it increased chances so i didnt.

But who knows? Im staying positive i wont get it this time round. I used to be part of a group on facebook on cholestasis and they have a heap of interesting chats about their personal experiences.

Fingers crossed you dont get it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nicolier For This Useful Post:

WarriorMama  (12-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply. I didn't have GD and I have a healthy diet. I don't eat refined sugars, gluten or dairy (for other issues). I've never taken the pill. I'm at a loss as to what I can try to not get this time around. I heard drinking some teas may help...

I hope for the both of us we don't get it again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had cholestasis with my twin pregnancy 4 years ago and recently gave birth to a singleton. I got it around 32 wks with the twins and I got to 38 weeks before getting it with my singleton. I thought I'd avoided it too!! Apparently it's more common with boys which my pregnancies were, so if you find out you are having a boy that might give you an indication. Good luck, it's not pleasant!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to boys boys boys For This Useful Post:

WarriorMama  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. I appreciate it! Only time will tell but I really hope I can avoid it this time! My previous pregnancies were both boys - so you might be onto something there @boys boys boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have it with first, developed it at about 35w with my second and am now 15.5w and getting some tingly feelings in hands and feet particularly at night. It's not an itch as such, feels kind of like the precursor to an itch. Really hoping I'm not going to get it this time around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh... I hope not. Every little itch I am scrutinizing so far!