+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default PPL - how long after baby did you receive it?

I'm employed on a casual basis and I finished work last week at 38 weeks, baby not looking like coming anytime soon and I could go over. I was speaking to a friend of mine who said it took nearly 10 weeks for her PPL to be paid after her baby was born?

So is this a worst case scenario or the usual timeframe? I have submitted the form already and just have to upload birth proof apparently.

Bit stressed about living on a single wage for 3 months!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe my paid parental leave was approved 2 weeks after I uploaded my proof of birth. They then sent the money to my work but it missed the monthly pay cycle. I didn't expect to get paid until the next pay cycle but my work deposited the money into my account 2 weeks later (2 weeks after it was approved by Centrelink). So overall it took about 4 weeks for me to start getting the money in my bank account from when I submitted proof of birth.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gypsychild For This Useful Post:

happy444  (10-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    From to date of birth you are entitled to 18 weeks of pay as long as you qualify
    - worked 10 of the last 13 months
    - worked 333 hours in that 10 months
    - you husband isn't earning to much

The Australian department of human resources website is full of all the information you need.
    Hope this helps

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ZeSarah For This Useful Post:

happy444  (10-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With DD it took 6 weeks. I submitted the proof of birth when DS was 1 day old, nearly 4 weeks later, still nothing. Centrelink tell me I've completed the application it just takes 4-6 weeks to process. My employer pays weekly so hopefully won't be more than 6 weeks.
    The problem some people have is it takes 6 weeks for centrelink to process, then they miss their employers pay cycle & have to wait a further 4 weeks for the monthly pay run.
    I have no idea why centrelink take so long to process, it's very stressful!
    You will get back pay once they finally process it though.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

happy444  (10-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! 2 weeks is perfectly reasonable, 4 weeks I'd be just starting to stress a bit. I can't remember, but think I opted in the application for Centrelink to pay me direct as I only started my job in March and I'm casual, so really no guarantee of returning, even though I likely am. It was more so because I work for small, old school business and didn't want to give them any extra paperwork. So sounds like I'll be at mercy of centrelink's f/n pay cycle then. Knowing my luck it'll be processed the day after.

My husband is telling me not to stress but I can't help it, I've always provided for myself and contributed towards the expenses and just feel so anxious to be without a wage!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, 10 weeks here too as Centrelink 'lost' my paperwork and I had to apply again :/ Just what you want to deal with as a first time parent with a newborn!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to frankie46 For This Useful Post:

happy444  (10-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A friend of mine just received her first payment from Centrelink, her Bub is 2 weeks old tomorrow!
    So could go either way.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

happy444  (10-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't get mine until bub was about 4 months I think.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

happy444  (10-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    About a month here.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

happy444  (10-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I didn't get mine until bub was about 4 months I think.
    4months AFTER birth! Yikes! Did you submit your form prior to the birth? Do you know what the hold up was? Did you receive FTA? It's minuscule though anyway?? so many questions lol
    Obviously your circumstances allowed you to do that, but we're a 2 income household! We'd be out on the street before the first payment haha. Really though, I can see it- I would spend the whole leave period off being completely stressed and frugal, finally get a lump sum back pay that hopefully restored some of the savings and putting back what we would need to redraw from the mortgage, and be off to work again.