+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal litter can cut their paws. There is a great one you can buy online so far it's hard to get in Australia kit Kat bamboo kitty liter. Doesn't smell light weight. Clumps at the top. Just top it up change the whole thing at 4 weeks. No dust. It's hypoallergenic for your cat.

The other one if I can remember you can get from Coles or woolies. You can get it in lavender (kitchen) (laundry) or (garage) can't remember the name. But it's low on dust. Clumps. And you need to top it up and change the whole thing 4 weekly. It's in a green packet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vita pet is the one in Coles and woolies.

And I concur with a previous poster if you feed premium cat food their poos stink less.

If you feed whiskers or such expect stinky poos.

Clean litter tray well scoop the waste morning and night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks all.
    Do you recommend the kitty litter tray with a lid?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Thanks all.
    Do you recommend the kitty litter tray with a lid?
    I have 2 hooded litter trays. My cat hates the hood so I leave them off. She gets a bit iffy when it's on. I think it depends on the cat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have an 18 year old Russian Blue girl. She is wonderful. Very very affectionate, playful, obliging, and perfect. She has always been an indoors cat and most breeders won't sell you a Russian Blue unless it will be indoors only. She is talkative as others have said, but it's always entertaining and she settles when cuddling and at night. She prefers us to be home, but has always been fine with us being at work etc. I'd definitely get another Russian Blue, although want to have my current baby forever and wish I could clone her! She really is perfect.

Friends and family have Burmese and they are great cats too. Mix of only cats and paired cats and they all seem to be happy. Most indoors only and again breeders encourage indoors only. One friend has trained her Burmese to use the toilet, so that deals with kitty litter - you can buy a trainer seat. Both Russian Blues and Burmese are very intelligent and can be trained.

Given the chance both Russian Blues and Burmese will hunt, but average age of an outdoor cat is 3 years and they are too precious to lose so young.
    Last edited by Gagingi; 13-11-2016 at 10:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will just add that my cat was fed the most premium food available at the time and his poos still stunk...just like my dog's stink now, and he is fed a premium diet, too. It might smell less, but poo is poo...your guests will smell it if your cat does it, guaranteed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    I have 2 hooded litter trays. My cat hates the hood so I leave them off. She gets a bit iffy when it's on. I think it depends on the cat.
    The hood means less litter is flicked around.
    We use the hooded tray but took the flap off as our kitty was hesitant to push thru the flap but to go in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours have had hood trays since they were old enough to climb in, they were spreading the kitty litter from one end of the room to the other

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    The hood means less litter is flicked around.
    We use the hooded tray but took the flap off as our kitty was hesitant to push thru the flap but to go in
    Yep. That's why I bought hooded ones. She flicks a lot of litter around. She doesn't like the hood at all. I never had the flap on because I didn't want her freaking out. Turns out it wasn't the problem. She pretty much stopped using the litter trays when I put hoods on them, took the hoods off and she was fine. May not every cat but my kitty hates them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cats hate the hooded litter trays also. I hate the litter on the floor, but beats poop and wee when they can't quite get in properly.