+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Teachers Christmas gifts

This is DS first year of school and a few of us were talking at drop off this morning should we all put in a do a nice class present for both teachers ( we have teacher plus full time teachers aid ) or do we just buy individual presents? What do the teachers prefer and what have you done for your kids teachers? I think a group present would be better so we can get them something nice instead of 19 individual presents? Present ideas would be welcome! (Also do parents usually buy for office staff, sport and music or art teachers etc? Or is a card enough??)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have never heard of anyone doing a class present before, but think its a nice idea.

Dd gave her prep teacher and full time teacher aid plus another casual class helper a present last year.
    We bought a small cage to hold a tea light candle and a movie voucher then I got dd to choose a christmas ornament and chocolate.

I have no idea what to get her teacher and aid this year so looking forward to seeing what others have done

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (08-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Subbing for ideas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are a lot of ideas on Pinterest. Ones I like and am thinking of doing is;
    IMG_1478572932.556731.jpg
    IMG_1478572940.573688.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bumblebeez00 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Teachers Christmas gifts

I'm a teacher and every year at my school, the parents get together and do a group present. It's really nice, and shows that your efforts have been appreciated. I've gotta say I do love a good voucher (westfields/movie/massage) if you're all chipping in. The office staff and support teachers don't usually get gifts in my experience, unless they've worked closely with your child or if your child has really taken a shine to them. Having said all that, my second favourite thing to receive is a card with a really thoughtful message inside.
    Edit: I just read my reply and I sound horribly materialistic - sorry! Just sharing what I've enjoyed. Something to do on the holidays after an exhausting year is what I was getting at. A Liane Moriarty novel or a beach towel or something?
    Last edited by BB77; 08-11-2016 at 12:57.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have organised class gifts for both my daughters classes this year.
    We gave out little card squares for each child to write a message on that ill stick in one big card and families were asked if hey wanted to participate to give $5-10 to go towards a gift/giftcard.

I have also organised a small gift for their class support teacher.

I give the ladies in the office a carton of free range eggs from our chooks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our class always chips in about $10 each per teacher and get a decent voucher, bottle of wine, some choccies etc and do it up in a nice hamper.
    We've been lucky enough to have the most incredible teacher so far so then DD and I also make some homemade treats too just from her and she writes a nice card for them

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just love our teachers and just think they deserve a good present ! I was thinking of getting them a sterling silver Tiffany necklace and charm with their initial on it ($250) so would be about $25 each family for 2 necklaces? Is that too much? How much do people spend on teachers presents ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think $25/ family is fine. I spend about $30 on each teacher

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My favourite gifts have always been things like drawings or whatever the kids have made themselves, and a thoughtful note/card (I'm a teacher)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Katvee For This Useful Post: