+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unplanned pregnancy &a unsupportive partner

Hi there, I am really new to this so please bear with me..

I am 21 years old and recently found out that I am around 8 weeks pregnant. I have been with my partner for around 6 months and have been on the pill that whole time but it appears to have been ineffective..

He is completely against keeping the baby. He has said he is not ready and that there will be no future for our relationship if we have a baby at this point.

I myself, feel that I am capable of going ahead with the pregnancy. I work full time and will be eligible for maternity leave, I have a very supportive group of family and friends and have taken all challenges and consequences into consideration.

His family on the other hand, also say he isn't ready and that if I have the baby I won't be giving him a choice and that it is unfair.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Is there any chance that he is likely to come around and warm to the idea of being a father? Or will I end up being a single mother and bringing an innocent child into an already separated, disfunctional family? I'm so confused and so stressed and worried that I'm going to make the wrong decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hugs. My son who is 9 was very similar circumstances. I have raised him by myself. We had a lot of hurdles but we got there. My last parter, we didn't keep the baby because I couldn't do it by myself again. My son has never had his father around so for me to do that to another child and not be 100% sure of the support I would get from the father and even my family, I wasn't sure how I would cope, the affect it would have on my son and overall our life.

My family support has been all over the place since my son was born. Sometimes my parents would help out, other times no. Now they help out as I work night shift so they share caring for my son between them but my mum does most of it.

Ultimately the decision is yours. It takes 2 to tango.

Good luck with your decision. Don't make it without considering everything.