I love Christmas!!! And I loooove to host. Who else is hosting this year and what is your plan? I started planning my menu last month and am close to finalising, but am struggling to decide on a desert. Including us, we will have 8 adults and 2 young kids. My lunch menu so far is:
- Braised chilli mint peas (served room temp)
- Agave roasted carrots with tahini sauce and peanut salsa
- Roasted pumpkin with chimmichuri, almond feta and toasted almonds
- Potato bake
- Lentil, quinoa (or brown rice?), pecan and cranberry stuffed mushrooms
- Pomegranate, orange, avo, spinach, pine nut salad
- Broccoli and green bean salad, unsure of details yet
For desert, I'm leaning heavily towards black forest trifle, but not 100% sure. I will probably do some other little sweets like truffles, white christmas, choc dipped strawberries etc.
For drinks I think I'll do a raspberry mojito, homemade baileys, pink lemonade and iced tea.
I haven't thought much about snacks/starters yet but will probably keep it simple with nuts and bolts (a christmas staple!), antipasto, fruit.
I've written up a schedule for the preceding week delegating as many things that can be done ahead of time, last year I forgot to make fun ice cubes (mint leaf and raspberry ones for mojitos, coffee ones for baileys etc) and was so upset! I am so on top of it this year and so excited!