+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 'Showing' really early in pregnancy...

I'm just 5 weeks pregnant! I usually pop out and bloat with my pregnancies quite early compared to the average person and I'm quite a thin person, so that can make it more obvious. But this is ridiculous! Baby #3. I've gone from flat (just finished a 30 day core fitness challenge before I got pregnant and had a flat tummy) to this!! Like flipping serious... not doing any sort of 'pushing out' what-so-ever (excuse the photo-bombing dog).

14980625_10157730946425444_4923054872302119550_n (1).jpg

It's not easy at all to keep a secret. I'm on a gluten, dairy, refined sugar, caffiene and yeast free diet - so not eating any 'bad foods'.

Did you bloat/pop early with #3 or subsequent babies?

This is around 8 weeks with #2 (I think).

9 weeks.jpg

And by 13.5 weeks with #2.

13.5weeks.jpg

Getting a little concerned that there is more than ONE! Eeeep! Ob appointment on the 22nd and he usually does a little scan - so guess there is not too long to wait to find out!
    Last edited by WarriorMama; 07-11-2016 at 09:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Congratulations on your BFP!

I think even if there were twins, it wouldnt explain the popping out. Maybe you just have a lot of gas/water retention?
    If you generally show early with your other pregnancies then it makes sense that you would show even more with each pregnancy.
    Last edited by witherwings; 07-11-2016 at 13:26. Reason: Wouldn't - not would

3. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

WarriorMama  (07-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Congrats! You have a serious case of early pregnancy bloat

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Cute bump @WarriorMama!!

I have had weight loss surgery and have a lot of excess skin around my mid section, it's always been stretchy and I've been able to tuck it into pants/skirts etc. I've bloated big time since finding out I am pregnant, all my loose skin isn't as stretchy and easy to manipulate as it was 4 weeks ago and I can't suck it on or tuck it as much either lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ceejie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't believe how bloaty it is - considering baby is like the size of an apple seed!! It's almost comical!!

And we thought we'd keep it a secret until my MIL's wedding (remarrying - her dear hubby died 9 yrs ago). That's in 3 1/2 weeks.... I think not!

Hate to think how HUGE I'm going to be at the end - my boys I carried both right out the front, like a watermelon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @ceejie! Maybe I'm stretchy because the last pregnancies I was smuggling a HUGE watermelon size bump at the end! Haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just on 5 weeks with number three, and it's a similar story. I'm pretty tall and slender, normally a size 8, and look like I'm at least 10 weeks. I did start putting on a bit of weight the last two months with my PCOS ramping up, but the last two weeks you'd think I'd been eating chips and pizza every day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, for maximum disguising, get an empire waisted dress for the wedding. I'm already working out how many work days I have to cover and my fashion options I have before I want to let the cat out of the bag. Thank goodness I'm on leave over Christmas, otherwise it would be pretty awkward at the rate I'm growing!