+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gro Clock - Does it work when DD can see the actual sun outside?

Hi there, we are at our wits end at getting DD 2.5yrs to stay in her room past 4.30am. Since removing her dummy 3 months ago she has steadily woken earlier, she won't sleep with us, or go back to sleep in her room because our attempts to "stay in bed till the sun comes up" were stupid, the sun is coming up and shining on her window just after 4am!! (silly east facing bedroom). We have block out blinds but she sees the glow around the edges.

I'm wondering if a Gro Clock will cure my sanity. She is quite switched, a baby gate was too easy for her to manipulate, but I don't want to spend $$ on something if she's going to ignore it for the real sun outside

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would try this and also get the clock. https://www.thenile.com.au/baby/gro-...BNUaAs5V8P8HAQ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    You can also watch gro block out blind on YouTube

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We just went through this. We ended up buying 2 sets of block outs. We hung 3 curtains so we could bunch them around the sides and still have coverage in the middle where they meet. And used the fourth curtain to hang over the top of the curtain rod. It's almost pitch black in there now. We also put a towel at the door to block light coming in from under the door. My boys have gone from waking up at 4:30 to 6:30-7!

We had bought a groclock but even our 4yo wouldn't follow it because he was awake so early with the sun. I couldn't expect him to lie in bed alone for 2 hours iykwim? I love these new block out curtains, but one pair definitely didn't do enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm with the others - I don't think the gro clock alone will help if the room itself is bright.
    Can you install an outdoor blind to darken the room?
    My DD would always wake at 7:30 and woke up at 6:30 a couple of times before daylight savings started here and it was getting light early in the morning. We already had a block out blind and curtains but the light was getting in around the gaps. I covered half her window in black cardboard and it fixed the problem overnight! it's also good for her day naps as the room is dark during the day too.
    Doesn't look the best but sleep is more important to me than how the window looks lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had this issue with DS1 and I took the very $$ option of installing outdoor electric blinds so his room in turn ended up being black and it worked.

I had block blinds and they didn't work either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gro clock and block out blinds have worked for us over the years.

The kids have pull down block out blinds and then thick curtains on their windows.

They all stay in bed till between 7&8am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it does for my son BUT that's because he has been using the growclock for a while and knows the rules. I would do something short term to totally block out all the morning light while you are trying to implement the growclock. I put alfoil up on the windows. Good luck. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had this with DD, she already has blackout blinds so we started a sticker chart. If she stays in her bed until her sheep (it's like a gro clock) wakes up she gets a sticker. 3 stickers & we take her on a $2 ride at the shops. The chart is in her room where she can see it from her bed.
    The first day we had to take her back to her room multiple times, but after she got her first reward it all "clicked". Been doing it about 2 weeks now.