+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Three days late and negative pregnancy test?

So I’m on day 3 now of an overdue period, which is unusual for me because it's pretty much exact every month (28 days). One and a half weeks before it was due, I had lots of clear/white discharge. One week before it was due, I had a tiny spot of brown discharge and I thought my period might be coming early (if it ever does it only by a day though)

I usually get period symptoms a week before I’m due, and I keep a diary of my cycle.

I had no period symptoms at all, until yesterday my boobs started to hurt and I have some cramping.

I’ve been extra tired
    Emotional
    I was having hot flushed but they’ve stopped
    I wake up feeling like I have a hangover.

I took a test this morning but it was negative.

Should I continue to stick it out and wait? Or anyone here with a similar experience? What was the outcome?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd test again in a few days. It could be that you ovulated a little later than you thought

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to me this month. I got AF a couple days later than expected. I'm guessing I just ovulated later than I thought this month. Also explains why I'm no UTD! FX it either comes soon or you are PG.
    I guess if it's not here in a couple more days you can always go see your GP for bloods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keep us posted. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely test again in a few days. I was about three days late when I tested twice and I had pretty much no symptoms. One test was very, very faint and the other (cheaper one) was pretty much non existent (as in, if I hadn't seen the other faint one I would have discarded it as a BFN) but the ladies here told me to use an FRER test on Friday morning and low and behold! A BFN as clear as day! I'm 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant now.

Maybe consider trying another brand cos they are certainly not made equal in terms of sensitivity.