+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Symptoms disappearing at 5 weeks

So with my son I had really high hcg levels and bad morning sickness that started at 4 weeks and got progressively worse (stopped at 18 weeks). This time around I started morning sickness at 3+5 but over the last 2 days (I'm 5 weeks today), my morning sickness has eased and my boobs aren't sore anymore. No bleeding or cramping at all.

Has anyone had their symptoms drop off and still had a successful pregnancy? Also, is it common to have less sickness in a subsequent pregnancy after it being bad previously?

I'm a nervous wreck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't offer a heap of advice because I'm in a similar, symptom-less boat

But I didn't want to read and run either, so what I will tell you is that from my readings....it is VERY common for symptoms to come and go. It's also very common for some to go and be replaced by others, so I think what you're feeling is completely normal.

I am 6 weeks exactly today. Apparently, lol. My HCG is over 10,000 but I do not have a single sign or indication that anything is happening. Combine that with the fact that my scan at 5w3d showed an empty sac and I am in complete disbelief that anything is happening at all.

I take solace in the fact that it was probably just too early for me to see anything, plus.... and you can take from this as well .... quite often the main pregnancy symptoms many women feel are anxiety and disbelief that they are pregnant!

So going by that....I'd say all is probably well for the both of us!

Big hugs to you lovely, and all the best

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

DoomyD  (29-11-2016),NicT  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. With my 1st (DS) I had symptoms from really early (I would suspect from about 4 weeks or so). I had fairly bad nausea. Other symptoms not so much (that I noticed).

With my 2nd (DD) I had no symptoms. I took a random HPT when on holidays as I had a weird gut feeling to check. I had zilch symptoms. Zilch sickness. I then got so so so sick from about 7ish-8 weeks. On zofran every day just to get through the day untl about 18 weeks. I still had varying levels of nausea all pregnancy.

So, in my case no symptoms at that time still meant happy and healthy baby. But my 2nd the sickness was worse.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

NicT  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    I can't offer a heap of advice because I'm in a similar, symptom-less boat

But I didn't want to read and run either, so what I will tell you is that from my readings....it is VERY common for symptoms to come and go. It's also very common for some to go and be replaced by others, so I think what you're feeling is completely normal.

I am 6 weeks exactly today. Apparently, lol. My HCG is over 10,000 but I do not have a single sign or indication that anything is happening. Combine that with the fact that my scan at 5w3d showed an empty sac and I am in complete disbelief that anything is happening at all.

I take solace in the fact that it was probably just too early for me to see anything, plus.... and you can take from this as well .... quite often the main pregnancy symptoms many women feel are anxiety and disbelief that they are pregnant!

So going by that....I'd say all is probably well for the both of us!

Big hugs to you lovely, and all the best
    Thank you for your lovely post. It's crazy how pregnancies can differ so much isn't it?
    As for your scan, I had one in my ob's office at 5+4 with my son that just saw an empty sac. Then had another at 6+1 and there was a beautiful heartbeat. So yes, it is definitely too early to see anything other than a sac. Good luck!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NicT For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Hi. With my 1st (DS) I had symptoms from really early (I would suspect from about 4 weeks or so). I had fairly bad nausea. Other symptoms not so much (that I noticed).

With my 2nd (DD) I had no symptoms. I took a random HPT when on holidays as I had a weird gut feeling to check. I had zilch symptoms. Zilch sickness. I then got so so so sick from about 7ish-8 weeks. On zofran every day just to get through the day untl about 18 weeks. I still had varying levels of nausea all pregnancy.

So, in my case no symptoms at that time still meant happy and healthy baby. But my 2nd the sickness was worse.
    Thanks for your reassurance. For some reason I just expected to have the same level of nausea in any pregnancy so it's good to know it can be different. It's mostly concerning because I felt really sick last weekend but am coping fine now so I just worry that my hormones are going in the wrong direction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post

This is me..... I am 6 weeks today. My HCG was 6000 on 5w4d and a scan the same day showed a sack, I'm waiting to see my GP today to find out what my HCG is from yesterday's blood test.

I have really bad nausea but it hasn't turned into vomiting. It's really bad from about 8am through to maybe 1-2pm then it drops off to nothing.
    Up until yesterday I had really (REALLY!) sore boobs and now they aren't sore at all..... I keep touching them so my work mates must think I am nuts lol.

Last night I woke up after a bad dream - I honestly thought my throat was melting/dissolving from the inside out and I was going to die..... must be the extreme dreams everyone always talks about?

Other then that I have nothing!! I really thought I would have more going on. Everything will probably kick in in full force next week

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ceejie For This Useful Post:

NicT  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just keep in mind that symptoms (or lack thereof) don't really mean much anyway. With my last pregnancy (which ended in MC) I had sore boobs, extreme tiredness, hunger, poor sleep etc very early on - and yet, no baby.

I have heard of others that have had zero pregnancy symptoms and yet they go on to have happy, healthy babies.

Perhaps the lesson in all of this is for us to judge each pregnancy on it's own merits. Symptoms or no symptoms, I don't think it's much of an indication as to whether the pregnancy will be successful or not

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

NicT  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So true @Blossom74!

I am very thankful that I'm not vomiting (yet) every day so that's a bonus in my eyes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a follow up for people looking for answers to the same problem down the track.

I had a quick scan at my ob's office today for some reassurance. I'm 5+5 today and we saw a sac in the right place, a fetal pole and a tiny flickering heartbeat. I'm still getting very mild and intermittent symptoms vs constant nausea and vomiting and this point with my son.

I am one relieved mumma today

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NicT For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (08-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    NicT glad everything is well.

Preg 1 = sore boobs major!! Metallic taste no buns in the end.

Preg 2 = nausea tiredness got my IVF Bub.

Preg 3 = was tired loved grapes like they were going out of fashion. Didn't know I was preg m/c

Preg 4 = tiredness vomiting great hcg rises, HB bubs sleeping at 12 weeks.

You never really know till baby is in your arms. But I'm glad you were able to get a scan for reassurance